Disk Clean Up, and Office Installation Files

GLO

Hi everyone,

In a fever rebuilding my test machine with XPpro SP2 and having an extrememly organised adn partitioned HDD (which i never used too before) I perform regular Disc clean ups and defregs. (infact I do this after I load any new software)

My question now comes from one of the options when using the Disc Clean Up tool. This option is the Office Insstallation Files, which requires us to check or uncheck the box. I have chosen check to remove the installation files as the office 2003 components i want are installed.

So, I really need to know,

1. if i should have left them alone and not deleted them, and

2. would this be the reason why I am not able to install any of the Office 2003 Service Packs? As the installation error that comes up says

" the expected version of the product was not found on your system" or

3. could it be the fact that i have my OS and software on different partitions???

Thanks in advance!

:no:

Now, why would you want to partion yopur HDD? This only cracks me up. Get ONE MORE HDD... Anyways, if you only have one HDD, this really shouldn't be a problem, but I've never installed Windows and Office on different partitions - but in theory this should't be a prob. Removing the installation files is mandatory, it only takes up space anyway. Are you sure you've got enough space for the SP?

Have you tried to re-install MS Office on the same partition as Win? If that works, call Bill Gates... Then the partitioning must be the prob - even though I cannoit understand why...

Any progress? :huh: