nForce2 question

runt

Well, I have an nForce2 MoBo as well, and I don't bother about the order - it seems to be relevant only in the case of a few Intel chipsets. You find all this talk about naming your driver folders with a prefix of "001", "002" and so on.... I did not do any of that, and my install is working perfectly as well as for those who did name it that way for "setting it in the right order".

Don't bother about order - it installs in just the same way as the wizard installs it when you do it manually (starting nForce drivers setup). Just have all the drivers there in the folders, and list them all (folders) in the OEMpnpDriversPath, without forgetting any component. That's all.

Well, I have an nForce2 MoBo as well, and I don't bother about the order - it seems to relevant only in the case of a few Intel chipsets. You find all this talk about naming your driver folders with a prefix of "001", "002" and so on....  I did not do any of that, and my install is working perfectly as well as for those who did name it that way for "setting it in the right order".

Don't bother about order - it installs in just the same way as the wizard installs it when you do it manually (starting nForce drivers setup). Just have all the drivers there in the folders, and list them all (folders) in the OEMpnpDriversPath, without forgetting any component. That's all.

Indeed! Over here it's working too, no problems at all!

• 6 months later...

No, its true!

I tried it with the usual drv/000 drv/001 blah de blah, but with all my other hardware and drivers, the size of the path went over 256.

I checked the NF2 drivers and none had the same filename, so Ithought sod it and give it a try... Now, all my NF2 drivers are in one folder.

I didnt even number them.

My driver folders are simply named after the hardware

NF2, BT, RAID, TV, CAM, PRT, USB

One sweetthing I found, is that my USB ADSL Modem hasissues if I connectit without installing the drivers first, and its a real pain to fix.

Now, this way, I have it connected, and it installs just fine as-is, its connected to the Mobos USB, and not tothe USB card ( hence the extra USB folder ) so, it seems to me, that the NF2-USB is setup as a generic USB first, lets the modem install, and then changes the NF2-USB to use the NF2 Drivers... Otherwise, it would as I said fail.

Anyway, put all the NF2 drivers into one folder, and it will work just fine.

I have tried it on:-

Abit NF7

Abit NF7-s

MSI Delta L

Gigabyte GA-7N400V Pro 2

DFI LP NF2

And they all like it this way, and I have not had any comebacks

Sweet!! I'm totally going to try that next!

Thanks for the totally clear (if rambling :) ) reply! It really helps n00bs like me if you smarty-types are really basic. Thanks so much, and I'll report back with my results.