Google..

don't know anything about this but i can guess... it's a inet cookie that stores itself on the temporaly inet files and if it can be done... maybe it can be done but as you could imagine it would be quiiite difficult...

can someone correct me?

edit: @dirtyepic you've been faster :lol:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

;]

[assuming IE]

in the options, hit delete files (include offline files) and delete cookies.

go to www.google.com

set your preferences and save

look in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\"

for "Cookie:administrator@google.ca/"

(will vary depending on username and country)

[assuming Firefox]

you should be able to export the individual cookie from the cookie manager (options, privacy?, cookies - don't have it installed right now sorry)

same might work w/ mozilla.

now how to copy that cookie to the right directory during your uA install is a little over my head.

what about a sfx rar file that it's self-extracting "Cookie:administrator@google.ca" to "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\". it must be done at the final stage of installation or the Administrator account will be renamed to YourDomain.Administrator... another time it's just an idea...

good idea, but one prob with that is while it works great for the administrator, it's not so good for any other usernames. i suppose it would work if you knew for a fact that the usernames are going to be exactly the same on every install you do. you'd have to get a cookie file then for each separate account due to the username being in the filename, but it should work.

if you're like me and the Administrator acct is the only one on your computer, then i don't think there's a problem. otherwise IMHO the complete loss of flexibility in order to save a couple clicks just isn't worth it.

default user won't work either because of the user in the filename. =/

whaaaa? forget everything i've said. looks like IE's cache isn't that simple at all. it's a database called Content.IE5 that contains several randomly named directories and an index. the file list is generated on the fly so it looks like a normal dir to the user.

to see what i'm talking about try this:

open a cmd window

cd C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

dir /a

cd content.ie5

dir /a

<_<

even if you could copy the file in there somehow it still wouldn't be in the index.

so...

use firefox. :whistle:

what about a sfx rar file that it's self-extracting "Cookie:administrator@google.ca" to "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\". it must be done at the final stage of installation or the Administrator account will be renamed to YourDomain.Administrator... another time it's just an idea...

That won't be sufficient, because IE doesn't just keep the cookies. It also keeps a cookie index, and without the cookie being indexed, there's a chance that IE won't read it if it's just copied into the directory.

That won't be sufficient, because IE doesn't just keep the cookies. It also keeps a cookie index, and without the cookie being indexed, there's a chance that IE won't read it if it's just copied into the directory.

i supposed that ... :( anyway with firefox i know i can export all my stuff including the cache... so i think for firefox users it could be easy... maybe when i got 1 moment i'll take a closer look...