Total Copy

kmf

You ever have any problems with it?

I used to it to move something from one drive to another and it "lost" a bunch of files. By lost I mean gone. The folders are there in both the source and the destination, but the files that were in them are gone from both places.

The only problem is that the container folder is left empty on the source location. All files and folders inside are moved correctly.

I'm on WinXPPro PreSP2, FAT 32, and I defrag frequently.

I have XP Home, this happened when I was using SP1. I use NTFS and I also defrag frequently also.

I had been using Total Copy for about 8 months with no issues. Then when I went to transfer stuff from an external hard drive to the internal drive with it I lost a bunch of stuff. The original folder was there empty and the new folder was there empty also. It was all Word and Excel stuff that I lost.

If your ext HD is doing optmized performance, it can lose data since it enables write caching. I have lost info too because of this. Set you policy for quick removal to ensure data integrity and not using low level utility app's will help as well (Partitioning programs, virus scanners, SYSTEM RESTORE!!, mounting iso's from an external drive, etc).

TotalCopy is great! I use it quite a bit esp. for large copy/moves and groups of files that sometimes don't copy because they are locked. Windows normally stops everything at that point. Plus setting & seeing transfer speeds is a good bonus.

Though i don't care for Copy Expert (www.fadesoft.com), you might want to try it for it's No Errors! Expert feature. (Integrity check)