Security Center getting Forgetfull with SP2 Final?

Krause

Heya guys, i have used the betas for SP@ for a while, and when you go to the security center and check the option to monitor your own firewall and disable theirs, it goes to yellow security lvl and shuts up forever.

With the final release of SP2 it seems to every other restart or so (or just from being on it resets) to suddenly decide to forget im monitoring my own firewall and i get that popup in the taskbar telling me i have no firewall.

Maby this has something to do with nortons update that lets security center see NAV 2004 though.

Anyone else know why its doing this now, and maby a way to let it know to just stay quiet, because im using a router firewall?

thanks guys

-Krause

I observed the same issue, I tell Security Center that I'll monitor my firewall and AV, but it keeps monitoring by himself.

The best solution, if u don't use Security Center at all, it's to disable it's service. :thumbup

Just hit Run, type "services.msc" and look for the Security Center Service.
Right click, Properties, Disable.
And it's gone. It will never annoy u.

Ha! i may go do that untill it is fixed to make it listed and not decide i was wrong and to change it. Thanks :D

I mean its no big deal, i just gotta go click the icon/bubble every so often and pick "ill monitor it myself" to get it off the screen, but in beta it diddnt have that problem at all.

kinda odd

-Krause

As you supposed this issue i think it's related with Norton WMI update that enables Security Center to get the status of AV. Maybe this feature doesn't work 100% and from this aroses the problem.

Anyway as I said if u don't use Security Center disable its service.

It also saves u some memory. ;)