Creative sb live 5.1 surround mixer unattend

ludi_f

Hello all

I've succeded in unattended installing the driver for sb live 5.1 (using winnt.sif) but i cannot install surround mixer. without that, i cannot control my soundard, select type of output (5.1, headphones) and others. I've tried even to install surround mixer separatelly (manually) but it won't connect with the driver and return an error. It will only install together with the driver.

I've tried to monitor the whole install using wise packer but that won't work.

If you have any solution, please tell me

Within your SB_CD, there's a folder called Audio, within that folder navigate to surmixer, this is where the Mixer is located, to get it to go silent do this,

1). Navigate to the surmixer folder through cmd prompt, then type 'setup.exe -r', without the quotes, go through the setup process as you would normally, if it asks to restart DO NOT DO IT, say restart later.

2). Goto your Windows folder and search for a file 'setup.iss', this is the answer file for your silent install.

3). Put it into the same folder as the setup.exe and use -s switch to silent install .

Within your SB_CD, there's a folder called Audio, within that folder navigate to surmixer, this is where the Mixer is located, to get it to go silent do this,

1). Navigate to the surmixer folder through cmd prompt, then type 'setup.exe -r', without the quotes, go through the setup process as you would normally, if it asks to restart DO NOT DO IT, say restart later.

2). Goto your Windows folder and search for a file 'setup.iss', this is the answer file for your silent install.

3). Put it into the same folder as the setup.exe and use -s switch to silent install .

1) I think it's better to use 'setup.exe -R' (so capital r)

3) Shouldn't you use 'X:\Path\setup.exe -s -f1' ?

how did u manage to install the drivers for you sblive 5.1 ?

with my installation, win takes the built in drivers.

I think it has something to do with the directories from creative's drivers.

so, which drivers are u using, and which files/dirs u're taking out of the driverpackage ?

Thx