Need help with Alcohol 120 %

Darkyputz

Hello out there!!!

I´m too sorry if this question is a dayly on, but i can´t find a solution.

I try to silent install alcohol, but it allways want s my help to find the "xmas scsi driver"...

How cn i bypass this???

I shrinked my windows using nlite and i wipped out the scsi drivers out of the windows itself...but the same problem also appears, if i let the scsi drivers inside windows. the he dont asks for the christmas driver. he asks for a scsi driver at all...

PLEASE help meeeeee somehow

perhaps if one looked at this scsi driver problem as being similar to including scsi or other device drivers in an unattended distro....

maybe it wouldn't ask you where they are since you would have them already included.......

or....copy the inf and sys files to the proper places using the $OEM$ method

hmmmm...... :)

use this

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Alcohol 120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Alcohol_120%\setup.msi /qn REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS " /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Alcohol_120%\DaemonScript.exe VD1.daemonscript " /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Alcohol_120\register.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Alcohol_120\register2.reg" /f

the deamon skript is on this site in the zip

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...monScript&st=10

P.M. to wonsleinad

tnx for your help

so placing the oemxx.inf and pnf files in the right subfolder under $oem$\$$ and the two .sys files in the correct folder as well that make up the scsi driver will suppress the found new hardware dialogue box when A120 installs?

PS my first post, and this site has helped me to create a killer custom install DVD. - practically all one has to do once its finished is install their games.

Is this the screen your talking about (see attached)

Should I copy the INF files from alcohol in there also?

Before I started using Nlite with SP2 I didnt have this problem. Is the problem related to that?

Would what holodeck3 saying work? I would prefer to not use the DaemonScript.exe method if I can.

My plan is not to enter a registration for Alcohol (I use the trial & reinstall windows frequently).

post-80-1092365118_thumb.jpg

thats the little so and so - I'll repost once VMware finishes testing my ISO if it works. Theres 4 files to copy, oemxx.inf (you'll have to open each oemxx.inf in \windows\inf to find the correct one) and its oemxx.pnf file, plus the two sys files that go in \windows\system32\ - they are A347bus.sys and A347scsi.sys

these go into the $oem$\$$\inf (inf and pnf) and $oem$\$$\system32 (sys files) folders on your UAXP compilation.

I'd say its most likely related to the removal of SCSI drivers with nlite; I use nlite also.

nope - it didnt work - stupid thing still pops up.

edit: added comment regarding nlite. it didnt work.

thats the little so and so - I'll repost once VMware finishes testing my ISO if it works. Theres 4 files to copy, oemxx.inf (you'll have to open each oemxx.inf in \windows\inf to find the correct one) and its oemxx.pnf file, plus the two sys files that go in \windows\system32\ - they are A347bus.sys and A347scsi.sys

these go into the $oem$\$$\inf (inf and pnf) and $oem$\$$\system32 (sys files) folders on your UAXP compilation.

I'd say its most likely related to the removal of SCSI drivers with nlite; I use nlite also.

edit: added comment regarding nlite.

Im a little confused on which files these are? Where should I find them currently?

Are they related to Vmware or is this an alcohol issue?

How do I tell the correct oemxx.inf? Any chance of you posting the 4 files needed for this? Do I need to edit my winnt.sif file at all?

I am using an almost identical install now as I was with SR-1a.

The only two major differences are that I'm now using NLite,

and SR-2. It is interesting to note that my install does complete

if left alone, despite the nag screen. When it is finished, Alcohol 120%

works fine.

I'm suspecting that this has something to do with SR-2. Perhaps

as Alcohol is installing the virtual CD drivers, it forces a hardware

detection refresh. Windows may be wanting to install drivers for

the virtual CD drive on it's own, despite the fact that there has

already been a driver installed.

I also wonder if this has something to do with the new protocols

of not installing unsigned drivers. Others have noted that the new

Nvidia Forcewave 61.77 drivers (which are currently the only ones

that support DirectX 9.0c) will not slipstream because they are not

signed. I have confirmed this myself.

My current guess is that since Microsoft has decided to make SR-2

the "Security Awareness" release, that they have made driver

installation more restrictive (especially to a slipstream install).

My next step is going to be to make a custom installation package

just for Alcohol. Perhaps something along the line of using InstallRite

which appears to just throw the software in the correct directories

and then patch the registry. Perhaps that can bypass the hardware

detection problem.

But that is for another day. I've got to get some sleep. :)

This script will install alcohol 120% and dispatch the scsi driver request box.

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run ("%systemdrive%\INSTALL\CD\A120\setup.msi /qn REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS")
WScript.Sleep 12000
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
WScript.Sleep 9000
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
WScript.Quit

copy this into notepad and save it as A120.vbs

Change the items after %systemdrive%\install to reflect the location of your copy of alcohol 120%. Call the script from your install.bat or RunOnceEx and it'll automatically click next then finish when that pesky scsi driver thing appears. on slower computers you may need to increase the 9000 to a higher value, and the same with the 12000.

It works by calling the alcohol 120% installer with the silent switch, then waits 12 seconds for it to finish installing and the scsi driver dialogue to appear, presses tab to highlight the next key, then enter to push it, waits 9 seconds for the driver to install, and presses enter again to click finish and dismiss the box.