HOW TO: Install Daemon Tools Optimized

MCT

Hi,

Thank you for the great trick :)

By the way, is there a way to turn off by default "Secure mode" in DaemonTools 4.03HE ?
Indeed, when i mount an iso, it ask me a confirmation because DT running in secure mode.

I'm using the package from RogueSpear : [url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=59614&hl=daemon+tools"]http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...hl=daemon+tools[/url]

Ive used regshot to detect any changes in the registry, but it doesnt seem to be dealed in registry.

[quote name='MCT' post='209882' date='Oct 21 2004, 10:41 AM']sorry i dont know what u mean :S

Just Incase anyone hasnt noticed, i updated the guide on the first page to include some ideas from hotdogee's aforementioned code :)[/quote]
thx

• 4 weeks later...
your downloadlink for Script doesn't work, I found it here:
[url="http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=2"] 3rd Party Addons for V4-Series[/url]

Ooh huh I don't understand, I dont get a MSI, and I read in the forums of deamon Silent install is not supported, so I have to use 3.47? Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...
[quote][CDImage]when u rightclick a folder you will have 2 context menu (right click menu) entries.. MakeDataISO & MakeBootISO
both of the images will place an entry in %systemdrive% (usually C:\) called either DataISO or BootISO (previous entries will be overwritten)

[mount]
when u rightclick an image file (.iso;.bin;.cue;.ccd) u will have an option to Mount your iso in a virtual drive (by default this uses 1 virtual drive)[/quote]

Unfortunately, MOUNT doesn't work, I get an error window with the message:

"Second quote not found in command line switch"

I am sure this error comes from Daemon Tools since the error message has a blue Daemontools icon in the taskbar.

Who can help?

• 1 month later...

OK thanks to [url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=23746&st=45"] post #47 on page 4[/url] with the CORRECT command for Mount, I figured it out. Also, Deamon Tools created an icon in System Tray, even after ejecting/unmounting Daemon Tools was still running in System Tray so I added the -noicon switch. Now there will be now icon in systray & Daemon Tools exits immediately after mounting.

So be warned, THE "MOUNT" PART IS WRONG IN THE FIRST POST!
Here is the correct one:

[b]install.inf[/b]

[code][Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg = Mount
DelReg = Daemon

[Mount]
HKCR,".ISO",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".CUE",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".CCD",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".BIN",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".CDI",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".BWT",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".B5T",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".MDS",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".NRG",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".PDI",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,"ISO_Image\Shell\Mount\Command",,,"%16422%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 0,%1"
HKCR,"ISO_Image\Shell\Unmount\Command",,,%16422%\D-Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -unmount 0

[Daemon]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","DAEMON Tools-1033"[/code]

I removed unmount for myself... don't use it, Eject is fine :)
actually, many people don't know about Eject, so know I do keep unmount just to make sure people who use Mount option can see directly how to unmount.

Edited by ZileXa

• 1 month later...
Ok I need some help with this. I can get eveything to install silently :-)
Problem is after it installs and you double click an ISO you get this error
[b]
"Second Quote not Found in Command line Switch"[/b]

This is my INF I'm using.

[code][Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg = CDImage
AddReg = Mount
DelReg = Daemon

[CDImage]
HKCR,"Folder\shell\MakeBootISO\command",,,"CDIMAGE.EXE -LBootable -YD -N -H -X -B%11%\xpBoot.img -OCI -M -D %here% %target%"
HKCR,"Folder\shell\MakeDataISO\command",,,"CDIMAGE.EXE -LDATA -YD -N -H -X -O -M -D %here% %target%"

[Mount]
HKCR,"ISO_Image\Shell\Mount\Command",,,"%16422%\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0",""%1"

[Daemon]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","DAEMON Tools-1033"

[Strings]
here = """%1"""
target = """%1.iso"""[/code]

Can someone please tell me where the error is and what it should look like.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi there,
I've been using 3.47 with the Optimized installation method, but I wanted to switch to the newest 4.10.
I tried the methods described in newer topics, but since 4.91+ or .10 you cannot install awxdtools silently, you'll get a Secure Mode warning.

So I wondered, why should I change the old installation method?

How to install Daemon Tools 4.10 (and higher) AND have Mount/Unmount option in the contextmenu of ISO/NRG etc.?
This is how (it's an updated version of the first post):

In RunOnceEx:
[code]"%CDDRIVE%InstallApps\Daemontools\daemontools.exe /S"
""autoit3 "%CDDRIVE%\installApps\Daemontools\install-daemonscript.au3""
"%CDDRIVE%InstallApps\Daemontools\DaemonDriveInstall.DaemonScript"
"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %CDDRIVE%InstallApps\Daemontools\DaemonTools.inf"[/code]

So you will need Daemon Tools, and this tiny plugin called DaemonScript. There is no silent switch for the newest version so I've created an AutoIt script (see attachment) This is what happens:
1. You install both of them.
2. Then you will run a script that installs the virtual drive.
3. The .inf file does 2 things: (A) Adds shell info to the Windows Registry for the contextmenu. (B) Removes Daemon Tools from Startup (so it won't startup when Windows start).

THATS ALL!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to create script:
Create a new .txt file, rename the filename to "DaemonDriveInstall.DaemonScript", open the file, add this:
[code]Version|1.6.0|2|
DeviceCount|1|[/code] Close and save the file.

How to create the inf file:
Create a new .txt file, rename the filename to "DaemonTools.inf", open the file, add this:

[code][Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg = Mount
DelReg = Daemon

[Mount]
HKCR,"ISO_Image\Shell\Mount\Command",,,"%16422%\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -mount 0,%1"
HKCR,"ISO_Image\Shell\Unmount\Command",,,%16422%\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe -noicon -unmount 0

[Daemon]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","DAEMON Tools-1033"[/code]

Good luck!
You can add more image types to the inf file. Also you can create more Virtual cd/dvd drives by changing the number in the DaemonScript file.

Oh and don't forget to delete the spyware, add this to you cleanup.cmd file:
[code]del /F /Q "%programfiles%\DAEMON Tools\SetupDTSB.exe"[/code]