Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
midiboy

Latest NVIDIA drivers 60.77 a no go ? :-(

I think SP2 final also comes with 56.73
That's right. :)

All you need to do is get the latest *SIGNED* WHQL-approved drivers (62.76, the last time I saw) into your drivers on CD (use OemPnpDriversPath method). Mine works fine that way. Since there's a slight change in the structure of the final SP2's INFs, nLite may not remove the integrated nVidia drivers - doesn't matter, since they are only 500 KB or so, and you can put in your own (updated) drivers.

@prathapml: lol. It only happened once... After I put "SkipMissingFiles=Yes" BACK in the WINNT.SIF file it stopped... That's the only thing that changed. :S

first off

SkipMissingFiles=Yes

where in winnt.sif does this go..iw as lookignf or somethign liek that...lol

secondly www.omegadrivers.net has performance enhanced ati/nvidia drivers worth looking at that may actually be easier to get to install...i really don't knwo anythign about nvidia drivers as i own a 9800 pro...lol

first off

SkipMissingFiles=Yes

where in winnt.sif does this go..iw as lookign for something like that...lol

secondly www.omegadrivers.net has performance enhanced ati/nvidia drivers worth looking at that may actually be easier to get to install...i really don't knwo anythign about nvidia drivers as i own a 9800 pro...lol

That value goes into winnt.sif in this section:

[setupParams]   skipmissingfiles=yes

Personally, I don't trust those driver-modded-for-high-performance sites. Although they may be good, I won't be convinced of something I regard as circumspect. Just FYI, many of you people have been having problems installing the ATi Control Panel - one of these sites (don't ask me, I don't remember which it was :))offers a pre-hacked driver download which installs the CPL alongwith the driver (using the INF) - might be good for ATi unattenders.