RunOnce for all Windows versions

Hi,

I am programming a cd with a batch which installs several parts of security updates. It consists of these parts:

1. McAfee-Install

2. OS-Check

3. Servicepack-Update

4. IE-Update

5. Security-Updates (hotfixes)

Everything works fine but I can't find out how to resume the updates after a reboot, how to include the information in the software\microsoft\windows\runonce-registry so that no user-activity is needed after that.

I also don't know, how to save the cd-rom's drive letter with my batch-files

Anyone with suggestions would mean a big help.

Thanks

Markuss

As I understand it, and I freely admit I can be wrong. The runonce registry key can not be repopulated from a function that is called from the runonce key.

In the past I had tried to have some actions happen, import new settings into runonce key and reboot hoping those new settings would fire off on reboot. No joy.

What I ended up doing was having the tasks I wanted to start on the second reboot initiate from the run key then have reg import to the runonce key that would clear the run key on next reboot.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

What I ended up doing was having the tasks I wanted to start on the second reboot initiate from the run key then have reg import to the runonce key that would clear the run key on next reboot.

Hi Mip,

What I want is a fuction in a batch file, that allows to restart an application after reboot only once.

I know how to import into the runonce key but I don't manage to get it done in a batch (especially as 98 doesn't know the 'REG ADD' command) and with a link to the cd-rom.

Markus