Noob needs Help

wasder

hello all ,

i am Currently running Windows Xp Sp1 and have installed mostly all the Recommended and Critical updates from the Windows Update site .

i am about to do a clean install of WinXp on my system in a day or two .

the question is that - After doing a fresh install ,i'll loose all the updates that i updated from the Update site .

Is there any way that i can can back up the updates .so that i can install them later - without going to the update site - when i do a fresh install .

i cannnot afford to waste my time again, to update the Updates since im a 56k user .

any help appreciated

Wasder

Unfortunately the answer is no. Microsoft released a free update cd a while back that had sp1 plus a few other udpates as well as the rollup. Shipping and handling was even paid for :) Shoulda jumped on that.

Do you have broadband anywhere near you or a friend that may have it?

Why not just set it to download overnight while sleeping? Use a download manager so you don't get corrupt downloads. In 2/3 nights of downloading you should have it done. Then just be sure to save them.

However... I'd suggest just waiting till sp2 is released and downlaoding that one. Either that or get it on cd from Microsoft. Someone posted a link to the site where you could pre-order a cd. It's in a thread or two below yours here.

Click that link Rizz.

The Windows Security Update CD is no longer available

We're sorry, but the Windows Security Update CD is no longer available for ordering. Please visit our Protect Your PC page for more information about improving your computer's security.