Unable to create a setup.iss file 4 KPF

Adiel

hi guys, right now i'm making my own win xp unatended cd, and i'v got to this part in the guide - http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/applications...nalfirewall.htm

and i got problem. i have the latest version of Kerio Personal Firewall which is 4.0.16 (i know there is some betas out, but i don't like beta versions) ...

now i'm trying to create setup.iss file so i can't extract him, but the problem is, that after the installation, no setup.iss file is found on C:\WINDOWS. i tried to create the file with this guide -http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/applications/installshield.htm

can som1 help me plz creat the setup.iss file? thanks all.

hi

just use /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress

thats what i use

regards

u mean in the batch bile just write something like this

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\kpf\Setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress

and do it without creating an setup.iss file? it won't do any problems?

and i can use those switches 4 every program with InstallShield??

tnx 4 the answers :)

oh and another thing, if i want the installastion to put my license file automaticlly in the KPF\License folder how am i doing this? cuz the license key isn't a regular reg fil its ends with .key

(license.key)

Kerio 4.x's setup is different from 2.x, so you need to do the one suggested by MCT.

Also, you can use copy in your batch file to copy over the licence key

first of all, tnx.

about the license file, what is the full command that i shall so that the license file will be copied over the other one?? tnx.

Put licence.key into C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\kpf\ and then use the command:

copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\kpf\licence.key "C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall" /y

the folder \Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall\ might be different, check what it is for 4.x as I still use 2.1.5.

A quicker way to put licence.key in the kerio folder would be to dump licence.key into C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$Progs\Kerio\Personal Firewall\ and it will be copied over automatically.

copy %systemdrive%\install\Applications\kpf\licence.key "C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall" /y

instead of C:\program files use %programfiles% so u can use another drive besides c:

regards