XP Crashes

Gatsby

Hi there ! I have troubles getting XP loaded....it freezes when I enter my password as administrator...after that nothing happens...and the page with the big title : Loading your personal settings..simply doest not load the rest...Is there a problem with the software ? is it a virus attack ? what about reinstalling XP on XP, do all programs vanish from the HD ? Could anyone of you shed light on this s***ty situation please!! Thank you

Gatsby

Argon has it right,

boot into safe mode, then run a virus stinger or a spyware remover such as spybot

CB

Thank you for praising me, but my English skills are not as good as Canadian and American. I will improve my English skills at college. (Of course this website is a good place that improving my computers and English skills.)

Hi there,

I had the same problem before, I could not load windows XP after entering my user password. I could not find what caused it but I entered Windows XP in safe mode and create a new user account, copied all my files over and deleted the old account.

I know that this would reset some of your setting but this could be one of your options if you can't fix it. Hope this helps.