how to find out system spec.s

t_chet2001

:) ...... Hi there... im a newbie in the computer world... just to warn you all!

I am running on windows 98 and my system although there is loads of memory is really goin slow now. So im guessin i need to update it all... this guy down the road does that sort of stuff but i dont want to get ripped off and i want to find out my system spec. Someone once told me that i could download summit off the net to help me find it out... any ideas?

You want to know what is the hardware you have in your PC, right?

You can get a comprehensive detail of your configuration (System Specifications), download Everest Home Edition from this link: Everest.

Then, open the program (Everest), and click "Computer >> Summary".

Well, this post is more of a FYI:

Everest home edition is nothing but the resulting product of a take-over by Lavalys Consulting Group of the makers of the old (and popular) "AIDA-32" diagnostic utility suite.

This has been posted, so that you don't wonder what happened to AIDA, and why there's no new release of it since a long time - because "Everest" is *THE* new version of AIDA itself. But the sad thing in the above seems to be that Everest isn't available as a 16-bit version app (for DOS), unlike how AIDA-16 used to be developed.

• 1 month later...

Maybe he's PC goes slow because of limited system resources. Every Windows 98 has that problem. Try disabling some startup items.

The less programs you run in taskbar, the faster Windows 98 will run.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end tasks to as much programs as you can, except for Explorer. :whistle: