inf madness

I am trying to incorporate using inf files into my unattended, but can't seem to get it to work properly. It will install fine if I type the command out, but doesn't work if I put it in my RunOnceEx.cmd, or cmdlines.txt.

I've tried just having it add registry keys, but no luck.

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"

[DefaultInstall]
;CopyFiles=Web.Files
AddReg=Web.Settings
;RegisterDlls=Web.Register

[DefaultUninstall]
;UnregisterDlls=Web.Register
DelReg=Web.Settings
DelFiles=Web.Files

[Web.Settings]
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Image: Zoom &In",,,"%10%\Web\image-zoomin.html"
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Image: Zoom &In","Contexts",0x10001,0x00000022

HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Image: Zoom &Out",,,"%10%\Web\image-zoomout.html"
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Image: Zoom &Out","Contexts",0x10001,0x00000022

HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Selection: Show Partial Source",,,"%10%\Web\selection-show-source.html"
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Selection: Show Partial Source","Contexts",0x10001,0x00000010

HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Page: Copy Meister",,,"res://%10%\Web\ieb.dll/copy-wiz.ieb"
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Page: Interactive HTML Detective",,,"res://%10%\Web\ieb.dll/contextmenu.ieb"
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Page: Page Analyzer",,,"res://%10%\Web\ieb.dll/element.ieb"

HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Frame: Open in &New Window",,,"res://%10%\Web\ieb.dll/open-frame-in-new-window.ieb"
HKCU,"%MenuKey%\Frame: Open in &This Window",,,"res://%10%\Web\ieb.dll/open-frame-in-this-window.ieb"

[DestinationDirs]
Web.Files=10,Web

[Web.Files]
ieb.dll
image-zoomin.html
image-zoomout.html
selection-show-source.html

[Web.Register]
10,Web,ieb.dll,1

[Strings]
MenuKey   ="Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt"

The command I use to install is

RUNDLL32.EXE setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %SYSTEMROOT%\Web\install.inf

I've tried placing this in different places. I want the settings to apply to all users, which is why I do this in cmdlines.txt. And no I can't switch it to HKLM cause that won't work.

I placed this in my $OEM$/$$/Web folder, so thats not wrong. Just need an idea of what I can do to get it working. I would prefer to have this in my cmdlines.txt file, and not a file in the i386 file.

Again this works if I type out the command in a cmd window, in both the install, and post install. However it doesn't run in my runonceex.cmd, or cmdlines.txt

what's with the double %? If it's in CMDLINES, i don't think that will work. I know it won't in GUIRUNONCE.

Sorry, I pulled that from my script that builds my runonce, it should be single %, I'll update the original post.

Bonkers[,Jul 28 2004, 10:36 PM] This is the line I use from my cmdlines.txt (please note that setup.inf is in the same directory as my cmdlines.txt)

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 .\setup.inf

]Bonkers[

I will try switching it to 128 to see if that will affect anything. Not sure if the directory that the inf is in should matter, and will try that if this doesn't work.