Boot disk with si3112r

Owyn

Heya all :rolleyes:

first, sorry for my bad english :)

I want to creat a DOS boot disk, but with the controller SATA si3112r to see my disk after the boot.

I have search on Google to see if I found any information on, or about a DOS driver for si3112r, but nothing about that... :'(

Is anyone know anything about this ?

Thank for advance !

Owyn.

erm.. no.

Just want a boot disk like win98. And when I arrive under the MS DOS, I want to see my SATA HDD.

So I think I need the DOS drivers for si3112r... but not sure theses drivers exists :)

Hi! Your SATA controller works as every other raid P-ATA or S-ATA raidcontroler. If your drive is formatted with a FAT which your dos can read, you will have classical HDD drive letters assignment. You don't need a "dos" driver. The raid controler works then in a sort of native mode - your can even use fdisk with it or even format your raid drive.

The only importan,t thing is to use a quite actual dos/fdisk/format which recognize the big size of your aray (i propose the dos from windows me bootdisk).

Please note that the sil 3112 raid controle is quite slow in dos mode - the performance of the intel ich 5r is much better.

Greetings