Word 2003 Looks Strange

magicfly

Hi Guys! :)

I got a problem with my Word 2003, as you can see from my attached screenshot.

When i start to write, it begins very near the border of the page instead of usual after 3 or 4 lines below. And when i reach the end of the page it starts again to write near the border. When i do print preview it seems to print correctly.

How can i fix this visual bug?

Please help me if you know something. Thanks

post-34-1090833801_thumb.jpg

near the border? or @ the top of the page?

cuz it looks correct from the pic u showed, the border edge is default, but the spacing between the top of the page is a lil off

First see if this is set:

View >> Print Layout

Then, check if the settings here for your document are configured as you want it:

File >> Page Setup

Then, see if your printer properties has some unchecked box saying "WYSIWYG".

If none of the above solves your problem, pop-in your Microsoft Office 2003 CD into the drive, and tell the Setup to do a Maintenance (repair) re-install of the same components you already have.

If even that does not work, see if un-installing (completely) and re-installing MSO2k3 solves your question.

@MCT: the cursor is at the very top of the page, but when i go to the print preview there is a margin of 2 cm to the border (as it should appear on the print layout of word).

@prathapml: it seems everything fine, because i remember that when i installed that and ran it for the very first time (just to configure some toolbar) it looked fine.

is it very nececssary to reinstall again? is there a lil shortcut :)