Saving Streaming Video

kmf

I go to a website and it has some streaming video. You click on the video section and it opens in a new screen that has a small WMP screen embedded into the screen and the video shows.

How do I save the video to my hard drive?

check the source, look for the file name of the video. then look in your temporary internet files, technicaly it should be there under that file name. i dont know if it works, i haven't tried it for streaming videos like that yet.

it should work if its in an iexplorer window, if thats what your talking about

Right click the WMP window, select "Properties" and look for source or whatever. Then, copy that, and check the extension. If it is wmv, avi or mpg/mpeg, you're fine, just copy that to your address line, and it'll most likely download. If it is asx, you'll have to open up WMP, Open URL (Ctrl+U) paste it there, and then, in the playlist, pick out the movie you want, and then download that using the method specified above. If this doesn't work either, they're using a method that is usually made so it's not possible to save the stream. In that case, you need a program that saves the stream, I think there are a few out there, but I haven't used them in a while... just google for "asx stream saver" or "asx stream downloader" or similar.

• 1 year later...