updatexp 2.0

I was Reading About A Program Called Updatexp 2.0. It Look Like The Ideal Program I need To Run The Hotfixes.

But It Has Been No longer distributed!

Has Anybody Got A Copy Or Is There A Program As Good I havn`t Found Yet

You Can Tell Me About, As i Am New To All This And Just Trying To Learn

Thanks

Hi idmanager,

if you had read the UpdateXP post to the end, you would have read that I have repackaged the UpdateXP 2.0 utility with full and detailed instructions as to its use, I also offered that if anyone wanted a copy they should PM me an email address and I would send it to them.

I have had so many requests for this utility that I have given up emailing it to people, and instead I have uploaded it to my web site for people to download...

You will find it under the 'Help Wanted' link on my site

http://sema4.no-ip.com

There are two versions of the archive, one is a self extracting ZIP file, the other is a self extracting RAR file, the contents are identical, pick which ever one you like...

Its possible that your anti-virus software may warn you there is a virus in the file, this is caused by the Visual Basic script that TechType used to eject the CD from the drive during the install, it's harmless, feel free to open the script in note pad and read the code for your self, it only contains a couple of lines that eject the CD tray..

As I understand it, the CD is ejected during the install to force windows to load the NEW drivers you include with your disk, rather than loading the older, and probably out of date drivers, included on the windows XP CD, other methods also use this same script for the same reason, TechType is not alone in using this script.

Also, if you like this utility and think it is the best, please post that info here!!

If enough people post that they love it, perhaps we can persuade TechType to continue development of this little gem, he stopped working on it as he felt no one was using it, but IMHO, this is the easiest method of all..

This version doesn't need more work, it is 100% bug free and it runs perfectly, but it would be nice for TechType to know how many people like his code, and if he wanted to continue development of it, there are features he could add that are not there at the moment...

UpdateXP, unlike AutoPatcher mentioned above, does not require SP1 to be installed already, as you can add the SP1 or SP1a update to UpdateXP just by dropping it in a folder, no coding required !!!

The best thing about this method is how little 'typing' or 'coding' you have to do to get it to work, it's mainly just dropping updates, drivers and applications in folders and away you go....

Feel free to PM me if you need any further help with it.

good luck

Kay