how's this for a winnt.sif

esp

This probably wouldn't work but just checking.

I used:

_ sata integration pack from RyanV: "So I finally decided to integrate RAID drivers"

_ soundpack from Bashrat the sneaky: Driverpack:Sound , Built on : 26/06/2004

_ modified these a wee bit to fit my needs

_ added my own

Alphabetically placed while listening to a golden oldie 'f***ing Hostile' from Pantera.

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

WaitForReboot="No"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\01_storage;Drivers\01_storage\3ware;Drivers\01_storage\3ware\6000;Drivers\01_storage\3ware\7k&8k;Drivers\01_storage\acard;Driv

ers\01_storage\acard\6280;Drivers\01_storage\acard\6290;Drivers\01_storage\acard\67160;Drivers\01_storage\acard\671x;Drivers\01_storage\acard\6880;Driver

s\01_storage\acard\6890;Drivers\01_storage\acard\68x5;Drivers\01_storage\adaptec;Drivers\01_storage\adaptec\aac;Drivers\01_storage\adaptec\aar1210;Driver

s\01_storage\adaptec\i2o;Drivers\01_storage\adaptec\u160;Drivers\01_storage\adaptec\u320;Drivers\01_storage\adaptec\u320r;Drivers\01_storage\ali;Drivers\

01_storage\amd;Drivers\01_storage\highpoint;Drivers\01_storage\highpoint\hpt366;Drivers\01_storage\highpoint\hpt371;Drivers\01_storage\highpoint\hpt374;D

rivers\01_storage\highpoint\hpt3xx;Drivers\01_storage\highpoint\rr182x;Drivers\01_storage\intel;Drivers\01_storage\intel\eide;Drivers\01_storage\intel\sa

taraid;Drivers\01_storage\intel\u320r;Drivers\01_storage\ite;Drivers\01_storage\lsilogic;Drivers\01_storage\lsilogic\megaide;Drivers\01_storage\lsilogic\

mraid35x;Drivers\01_storage\lsilogic\mylex;Drivers\01_storage\lsilogic\symmpi;Drivers\01_storage\nvidia;Drivers\01_storage\nvidia\eide;Drivers\01_storage

\nvidia\raid;Drivers\01_storage\promise;Drivers\01_storage\promise\fasttrak;Drivers\01_storage\promise\fasttx2k;Drivers\01_storage\promise\sx4000;Drivers

\01_storage\promise\sx6000;Drivers\01_storage\promise\ulsata;Drivers\01_storage\promise\ultra;Drivers\01_storage\qlogic;Drivers\01_storage\qlogic\12160;D

rivers\01_storage\siimage;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\3112;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\3112r;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\3114;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\311

4r;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\3124;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\3124r;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\649r;Drivers\01_storage\siimage\680;Drivers\01_storage\sii

mage\680r;Drivers\01_storage\sis;Drivers\01_storage\sis\eide;Drivers\01_storage\sis\raid;Drivers\01_storage\via;Drivers\01_storage\via\eide;Drivers\01_st

orage\via\ideraid;Drivers\01_storage\via\miniport;Drivers\01_storage\via\sataraid;drivers\02_chipset\nForce\IDE;drivers\02_chipset\nForce\IO;drivers\02_c

hipset\SIS;drivers\02_chipset\VIAk7;drivers\03_gfx\ATi;drivers\03_gfx\ATi\WDM;drivers\03_gfx\i810_815;drivers\03_gfx\i845_865;drivers\03_gfx\nVidia;drive

rs\03_gfx\S3;drivers\03_gfx\SISagp\WinXPAGP;drivers\03_gfx\SISagp\IDE;drivers\04_aud\ALI;drivers\04_aud\CMI;drivers\04_aud\CR;drivers\04_aud\CR\LS;driver

s\04_aud\CR2;drivers\04_aud\i8xx;drivers\04_aud\Nvid;drivers\04_aud\R;drivers\04_aud\Realt\WDM;drivers\04_aud\SIS7012;drivers\04_aud\ST;drivers\04_aud\T\

A;drivers\04_aud\T\D;drivers\04_aud\VIA\ENVY;drivers\04_aud\VIA\VINYL;drivers\04_aud\VIA1;drivers\04_aud\VIA2;drivers\05_Ethernet\RTL8139;drivers\05_Ethe

rnet\RealtLAN;drivers\05_Ethernet\VIAlan;drivers\06_monitor;drivers\07_vmware;"

includecatalog=KB826939.cat

[systemFileProtection]

SFCQuota=0

SFCScan=0

SFCDisable=ffffff9d

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=105

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=

FullName=""

OrgName=""

ComputerName=

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1280

YResolution=1024

Vrefresh=85

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale=00000813

UserLocale=00000813

InputLocale=0813:00000813

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.google.be

[Proxy]

Proxy_Enable=1

Use_Same_Proxy=1

HTTP_Proxy_Server=proxy.pandora.be:8080

Proxy_Override=<local>

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=Werkgroep

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=No

[NetAdapters]

Adapter1=params.Adapter1

[params.Adapter1]

INFID=*

[NetClients]

MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]

MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

[NetProtocols]

MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP

MS_NWIPX=params.MS_NWIPX

[params.MS_TCPIP]

DNS=Yes

UseDomainNameDevolution=No

EnableLMHosts=Yes

AdapterSections=params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1

[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1]

SpecificTo=Adapter1

DHCP=Yes

WINS=No

NetBIOSOptions=0

[params.MS_NWIPX]

VirtualNetworkNumber=00000000

AdapterSections=params.MS_NWIPX.Adapter1

[params.MS_NWIPX.Adapter1]

SpecificTo=Adapter1

PktType=0xFF

NetworkNumber=00000000

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

fax=off

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff=No

And another question,.. way back when my .sif file was still infantile, the entry for vmware wouldn't work and it still doesn't. Can't seem to find out why.

Grtz,

esp

Oh yes, I HATE smilies. Try to make a descent post between the overload here.

I mean, I guess it won't work. Right now I don't have the means to test in real world, only on vmware or vpc. I'm on this little desk with a puny pc becouse I'm in the middle of a serious renovation.

But, as I stated, the last entry for vmware never worked, not even when it's the ONLY entry. It should install the gfx drivers and all for vmware, right?

And thanks for pointing the error, not that the ; matters on the end of the line but thanks anyway.

Vmware is a virtual PC like u know and as being so it has its own virtual hardware which doesn't reflect urs .i.e u have geforce FX it don't etc etc... that should answer ur last question

Vmware is a virtual PC like u know and as being so it has its own virtual hardware which doesn't reflect urs .i.e u have geforce FX it don't etc etc... that should answer ur last question

I think he already knew that.

I think he means he added the S3 drivers (which are emulated in one of these emu progs) and they didn't work either.

Well, I can only say: are you a 100% sure you've added the right drivers and/or the complete package of drivers? (for emulation purposes)

Indeed, I did know that.

Below is the contents of my vmware drivers directory.

oemsetup.inf

vmmemctl.exe

vmmemctl.inf

vmmemctl.sys

vmmouse.inf

vmmouse.sys

vmx_fb.dll

vmx_mode.dll

vmx_svga.inf

vmx_svga.sys

vmxnet.sys

There is no readme or alike because there is a good chance I stripped them, so it is possible that I'm using old driver's for it. I use vmware 4.5.1 built 7568.

If there are newer ones, then where are they situated? I tried looking in de vmware directory, temp folders, c drive etc. They must be somewhere because you can install them from within vmware.

The reason I want this to work is that 07_vmware is the last entry on my winnt.sif thus correct installing of those drivers would probably mean correct installment of the other drivers. If it doesn't, the whole OemPnPDriversPath entry is too long, which brings me back to my original question.

If there are newer ones, then where are they situated?

You do get updated VM drivers with VMware 4.5.2-8848 (it may seem like a minor version upgrade, but its an upgrade worth the download time).

Go into the folder where you installed VMware (normally "C:\program files\VMware\VMware Workstation"). You'll find mountable CD images of drivers for various OSes - we want windows.iso. Then, open that ISO and browse this path through it - "\program files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers". Now, simply take out the appropriate winxp driver files from the folders there, and put them all in one folder (since there's only a few files in the drivers to be setup).