? question ?

:)

I tried to make an unnatended XP SP1 installation disk ... but i dont have succes.

I followed the steps written in http://unattended.msfn.org.

Maybe I was making a wrong step, but I dont know which one.

The question is: It is a simple way to create that disk ???

Please help me !!!

:rolleyes:

Yes, it's a simple tutorial.

But how can we possibly now what's wrong with your CD???

Please follow the guide again and DOUBLE-CHECK everything if it's there, after that you can ask again.

grtz

this is my problem:

"A problem is preventing Windows to accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code:0x80004005".

I use winnt.sif and svcpack.inf.

I have pre-installed Norton Antivirus 2003, Adobe Reader 6, WinAce 2.11 and drivers.

I have modified the dosnet.inf, hisft.inf, sfc_os.dl_.

I have downloaded all the hotfixes finded at this adress

http://board.msfn.org/index.php?showtopic=8741

I removed Q817787 hotfix. The same message.

I have used 2 instalation cd of Win XP Prof SP1 with the same "*.cmd, *.inf and *.sif" files.

I dont know what to do more ... :)

Thanks all

Probably not what your after, but I found when doing mine. If trying all of it at once isn't working go back to the beginning.

Just slipstream SP1 onto the cd, do a basic winnt.sif that doesn't call the apps to install,

Does this work? If yes then start doing the Hotfixes.

If not, then something isn't being done at the beginning correctly

As in, no svcpack.inf, RunONceEx.cmd or anything under [GUIRunOnce] (think right of top of head) so it is basic, but will help eliminate potential errors.

Probably not what your after, but I found when doing mine.  If trying all of it at once isn't working go back to the beginning.

Just slipstream SP1 onto the cd, do a basic winnt.sif that doesn't call the apps to install,

Does this work?  If yes then start doing the Hotfixes.

If not, then something isn't being done at the beginning correctly

As in, no svcpack.inf, RunONceEx.cmd or anything under [GUIRunOnce] (think right of top of head) so it is basic, but will help eliminate potential errors.

Indeed, a very good advice.

But please burn it to CD-RW's, unless you've got so many CD-R's that you don't care...

could this:

"A problem is preventing Windows to accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code:0x80004005".

be because it's trying to activate windows? or possibly one of the 3 programs (i don't believe any of those do any "license checking" though)

*perhaps* norton antivirus...

i'd try making sure in winnt.sif (at least for testing purposes) that autoactivate is NOT ="Y" - just to make sure it's not windows activation which is fouling you up.