I just don't understand.... Need help!

TehMaster

Hi Guys. Oviously... im new, and this is my first time attempting to make a WinXP CD.

Im mainly stuck on the drivers part. I just dont know how to determine what files (drivers) i need to have on the cd for something to work.

What im really having problems with is my chipset, IDE, and AGP drivers. I just don't know what files i need to have on the XP CD. I have a nForce2 chipset, and a nvidia 5950 Vid card.

I installed both 61.76_winxp2k_english_whql.exe, and nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe to seperate folders so i could look through the files and find drivers. But, being that i dont really know what im looking for.... this process is going very slow.

Can anybody tell me what files i should have in my chipset, agp, and ide drivers folders?

Thanks for the help guys!!

in the most basics if it is INF files and SYS files

That being said, many video and audio cards come with so many extras that is not as easy as extracting the files to a folder and then pointing to the folder.

There will need to be some experimentation... and probably a lot of research here.

Hi Guys. Oviously... im new, and this is my first time attempting to make a WinXP CD.

Im mainly stuck on the drivers part. I just dont know how to determine what files (drivers) i need to have on the cd for something to work.

What im really having problems with is my chipset, IDE, and AGP drivers. I just don't know what files i need to have on the XP CD. I have a nForce2 chipset, and a nvidia 5950 Vid card.

I installed both 61.76_winxp2k_english_whql.exe, and nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe to seperate folders so i could look through the files and find drivers. But, being that i dont really know what im looking for.... this process is going very slow.

Can anybody tell me what files i should have in my chipset, agp, and ide drivers folders?

Thanks for the help guys!!

Have you read the tutorial? http://unattended.Msfn.org Check the Device Drivers section

i have read the tutorial. It doesn't really talk about what driver files are needed.

If i was to open the device manager, go to a device, look at its properties, and then look at the drivers tab, would the drivers listed correctly portray the drivers i need to put on the XP CD?

i have read the tutorial. It doesn't really talk about what driver files are needed.

If i was to open the device manager, go to a device, look at its properties, and then look at the drivers tab, would the drivers listed correctly portray the drivers i need to put on the XP CD?

Just copy everything except for unneeded files (such as .txt). I can't give you a specific list, but it won't hurt if you copy too many files!