Help Winpe Image

bruman3714

Hi newbie here , at least posting and Winpe.

Does anyone tried to create a winpe image to deploy via power quest or altiris. What I was trying to-do was deploy a winpe image to a new machine then carve up the partition using diskpart then format ntfs and apply a automated unattended xp install then capture the gold image for later use with sysprep.

Anything helps!!!!!

Well the functionality and the commands that can be run in the w32 mode vs dos .

I am using Altiris with a Bootworks client which is Dos based and diskpart utils and some other commands don't run under dos , so wanted to lay down the winpe boot image run a script to see disk size , carve it up by a % hide some and format ntfs , then run a unattened build for testing purpose's and all 60 machines are different hardware and the old way of doing was going to each machine and running a cd or floppy to start the unattended os.

The other thing I was going to try is make a dos image with xp/i386 dir and files from the cd and run a unattended install from that , but I then need to figure out the disk carving part out ?

Thanks