HELP - Core System File[Kernel] is not Microsoft..

roger04

Hi all,

Before this, I reinstalled windows to get the original ntoskrnl.exe file into my windows folder since I've changed it and have no back up for it. I've tried getting the ntoskrnl.exe from the CD to my pc using command prompt, I still get the same error while trying to install XP SP2. Can someone help me why am I still getting the same error even though I've reinstalled windows XP? Please reply. Thanks.

I have Win XP Pro Corp SP1.

u should have just continued posting in your other thread u had going, since its the same problem

but, did u try it without sp1 ? sp2 isnt finalized yet (although its really close) that maybe a bug... also is your cd key legit?

regards

I've tried getting the ntoskrnl.exe from the CD to my pc using command prompt

Do it again in safe mode, after clearing out the folder "C:\windows\system32\dllcache". You would then be able to get back to using the standard kernel.

After that, you will not have any more error boxes saying that "your kernel is not Microsoft-signed, therefore we don't want to upgrade/fiddle with it" when installing SP2 or any other update. Your product key being legit or not is not relevant in this case.

If you really hate your boot-screen so much, why not use something like Style XP to modify it?

I've tried getting the ntoskrnl.exe from the CD to my pc using command prompt

Do it again in safe mode, after clearing out the folder "C:\windows\system32\dllcache". You would then be able to get back to using the standard kernel.

After that, you will not have any more error boxes saying that "your kernel is not Microsoft-signed, therefore we don't want to upgrade/fiddle with it" when installing SP2 or any other update. Your product key being legit or not is not relevant in this case.

If you really hate your boot-screen so much, why not use something like Style XP to modify it?

I don't have the dllcache in my C:\windows directory.. What should i do know.. it's not that I hate my XP boot screen. I had my boot screen modified, now even when I got the 'original' one, I still can't get to update windows. Maybe did I disable some services required for updating windows? :) . My setting is almost Super Tweak as Black Viper's configuration.

:rolleyes:

did u do as blackviper says, & make a backup hardware profile? or did u add it all on current 1 :)

c:\windows isnt the same as c:\windows\system32 (do as he says :rolleyes:)

also, make sure "show hidden files & folders" are enabled & untick "hide protected operating system files" (control panel > folder options > view)