m6.net Hosting

First off let me say that I do not work for m6.net. I hadn't seen a post about m6.net (which I recently switched to), and I wanted to let people know about it.

It *may* provide competition to other inexpensive hosting providers already mentioned in the forum, and it was my final decision after about 2days of research.

So...I have m6.net Micro package for $4.00 per month (prepaid for 12months)

Pros

• Scripting...ASP, ASP.net, CGI, Perl, PHP
  • Unlmited subdomains
  • Unlimited email aliases
  • Unlimited email attachment size (sending & recieving)
  • Shared 128bit SSL

Standard

• 250mb webspace
  • 20GB bandwidth

Cons

• No MySQL (Access only, MySQL available with higher account)
  • 50 Full email accounts (better than some, but not all)
  • No scheduled applications
  • 1 FTP

Obviously they have higher plans for more money. Check them out at www.m6.net

I personally like to code in ASP so that really drove my choice of hosts, however I think that the extensive script support would make this a good host for others as well. I used to get hosting from parcom.net ($3.95 per month, 3month contract), and they had 999emails per account, but they had a horrible 1mb email attachment limit that was killing me. And they charged for every subdomain I setup. However if you don't care about those 2 things, they had ASP hosting and a bit more webspace.

seems pretty nice

I currently use http://www.hostacres.com

its 3.95 monthly, + I got static ip and etc..

first thing m6 provides better than hostacres is 20gb bandwidth. mine gives 10, and i'm paying extra for the exceeded bandwidth and it sucks.

their 1 level above package is not as good as this one only 800mb for the best value where as m6 provides 2/4/8gb disk space,!! awesome..

I might switch, first have to wait for end of subscription :)

@Gamehead: Yes I have noticed that eMax is very popular here and appears to be a good solution for many as it includes a lot of standard features.

One of my hosting needs is ASP support (which I personally like). I also really like having unlimited subdomains. eMax has unlimited emails which I like as well, but was willing to give up for ASP support. I was just suggesting another provider that might meet peoples needs. the eMax $5.95 account has the same webspace and bandwidth as the m6.net $4.00 account which also might be a deciding factor for people who just want webspace. However I think there are even better deals to be had for that (no database or scripting support).

XtremeMac's host (www.hostacres.com) gives him a static-ip which he seems to like. When there are more options I think everyone is better off :)

• 2 weeks later...

hehe i use SeekDotNet

i am currently working as a developer for a retailer in texas

i use seekdotnet Premium-Pak @ $16 prepaid 12 months

you know what? i got additional 3 months free muahahaha very happy man i pay 12months and get 15 month free :)

the best thing is i got MS SQL too

and they can modify i mean customized a plan too

:rolleyes:

before that i host at www.avs.net.au and they suck :D now i am with seekdotnet.com as long as they stay wherever they are i will be hooked for life

:D