help with "AT" command

I am wondering is it possible to run and "AT" command without having to specify the time. And so that it runs immediately after pressing the enter key. I am asking because I would rather not have to enter a time since I'm too lazy to input the extra 4 digits and look down to my taskbar and then wait for that time to come. Sorry for the noobish question, but it is very hard to google for a command called "at" since it is such a generic, short name.

can the start command be used to run something on a remote machine? I was planning on using the at command since it can take a network computer as a paramater and schedule a task for it. It also is a nifty way of running commands on a remote computer.

• 4 weeks later...

When i did at /? at the command prompt it gave me this =>

The AT command schedules commands and programs to run on a computer at

a specified time and date. The Schedule service must be running to use

the AT command.

AT [\\computername] [ [id] [/DELETE] | /DELETE [/YES]]

AT [\\computername] time [/iNTERACTIVE]

[ /EVERY:date[,...] | /NEXT:date[,...]] "command"

\\computername Specifies a remote computer. Commands are scheduled on

local computer if this parameter is omitted.

id Is an identification number assigned to a scheduled command.

/delete Cancels a scheduled command. If id is omitted, all the scheduled commands on the computer are canceled.

/yes Used with cancel all jobs command when no further confirmation is desired.

time Specifies the time when command is to run.

/interactive Allows the job to interact with the desktop of the user who is logged on at the time the job runs.

/every:date[,...] Runs the command on each specified day(s) of the week or month. If date is omitted, the current day of the month is assumed.

/next:date[,...] Runs the specified command on the next occurrence of the day (for example, next Thursday). If date is omitted, current day of the month is assumed.

"command" Is the Windows NT command, or batch program to be run

So i'm guessing if you do it without the time switch it will run straight away along line so

at \\computername /interactive "command"

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If your just wanting to run a program from a remote machine just click start, run and type in the share + program name

ie "\\pcname\sharename\myprogram.exe

that will run it across the network. If it is a program you use regularly then create an icon on the desktop useing the same path...

Tis easy !

:thumbup

I dont understand what you are trying to do. AT is a scheduler command so by nature it is for running the same set of commands at a regular interval. I think you may want to look at a BATCH command to do what you want. You will know doubt have checked it out but the windows help system has lots of information about AT aand also on the microsoft site.

Please explain what you are trying to do and I will see if I cann help more.

Here is a GUI version of AT it is pretty good.

Hail Hail

WINAT.zip

I use the at command to automate a remote site that has about 300 computers....

these machines are just sitting there incase of an emergency. I have a .bat file w/ all the machine names along w/ a command. I have them rebooting twice a day and setting the time wich is important.

at

xcopy

find

if you put these together in a file alot can be accomplished with just a double click.

Here is an exp. this will report to you all scheduled tasks that are set on each machine..... and redirect the output to a log on a share with the file name at.log.

at \\computername >>"\\servername\sharename\at.log"