Mutliple Drivers Problem

Flying BBoB

I want to install pre-install Windwos XP with several MB.

for ex: Asus P4C800 & P4S800-MX

I've created an $1\drivers\002_sound dir with the drivers of the P4C800 MB in it. Then when I copy the drivers of the P4S800 MB then he asks me if i want to overwrite the files. Of course I don't want to do that because that would mean that the P4C800 will not function anymore. My question is: Can I create a subdir in the \002_sound?

ex: $OEM$\$1\drivers\002_sound\p4c800\correct drivers

$OEM$\$1\drivers\002_sound\p4s800\correct drivers

Will Windows find the correct driver?

Thx

I want to install pre-install Windwos XP with several MB.

for ex: Asus P4C800 & P4S800-MX

I've created an $1\drivers\002_sound dir with the drivers of the P4C800 MB in it.  Then when I copy the drivers of the P4S800 MB then he asks me if i want to overwrite the files.  Of course I don't want to do that because that would mean that the P4C800 will not function anymore.  My question is:  Can I create a subdir in the \002_sound?

ex: $OEM$\$1\drivers\002_sound\p4c800\correct drivers

$OEM$\$1\drivers\002_sound\p4s800\correct drivers

Will Windows find the correct driver?

Thx

If there's an inf file in those folders, Windows will find it and correctly install the required drivers! :)

By the way: welcome!

Thanks for the reply.

I've just tried it and it doesn't work. I think he's not looking for inf files in the subdirs. I think he just looks in the root (...\002_sound). I hope that someone has a solution because it's driving me :)

greetz

it won't recurse - so it needs to point to the folder where the INF is, and if there are multiple folders with INFs (different devices) you'll need to add those too.

So if your sound card (for example) had a folder for the sound card's INF and the INF for another piece of the sound card is in another folder, you'd need to add both folders to get a complete install of the drivers.