Re: Installation Issue

Well, I'm almost tired of trying to resolve this issue, and gonna say screw it. It's not worth this much hassel. No, I've burned the ISO three times and none of them would boot; gave the error I stated earlier. Second, ISObuster doesn't make a boot image for XP. Third, I don't have another computer to install a test on to screw it up. Fourth, Personally I think the MSFN guide sucks. Not enough detail. I've done everything by the guide and it still doesn't work. My answer file is all correct. Looks like everyone else's. The XP boot image I d/l'ed was 2KB. So if someone wants to try building it for me and d/l the file from my FTP and re-add it after they finished it. That's fine, and all game for that. I'm to frustrated to deal with it anymore.

Try this:

[unattended]

UnattendSwitch=yes

And getting frustrated is part of the process. Blaming someone else's hard work isn't part of the process.

You're always welcome to setupmgr.exe located in the SUPPORT folder of the XP CD to create your own answer file.

Well, thanks for your reply. I used SetupMgr, and I figured out what I did. You can't rename the unattended.txt after it's placed in the folder, but you have to do in SetupMgr before you save it to the folder and extract it there. Thanks for everyone's hard work in helping me to try and resolve the issue. :)