Problem in removing Desktop Wallpaper

Hey guys, I try to remove the desktop wallpaper by running registry tweaks during the T-13 portion of windows unattended installation so that all accounts that log on the computer will not have a wallpaper. Below is the code i use to remove the wallpaper.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"=""

However when the computer boots, the wallpaper BLISS.BMP is still being loaded! How come?

Did you try just renaming "bliss.jp_ "and/or "bliss.bm_"?

Change it to something like "hills.bm_", that way I believe it will not assign a wallpaper to the Desktop. Or does it do so anyway?

If it works, people can still have that Wallpaper available, it's just that they will choose it by its new name...

:)

Basically what I does is using adding the registry keys into RunOnceEx, then calling "rundll32 ruieonce.dll,RunOnceEx" <-- something like that, can't remember to execute the RunOnceEx during T-13 to have a slick look instead of a command prompt look. this mean at T-13, the registry keys have been added using RunOnceEx. But it still didn't work... Sighz... and the VisualEffectsFx which i post on another thread also aren't working...

Also Willpantin, i dun wish to rename the file, i understand doing this will work, but then i want users to be able to find the file easily in the future. I mean noone will know hills.bmp is actually bliss.bmp which they are already so customized to... but thanks for your solution too!

I mean no one will know hills.bmp is actually bliss.bmp

Yong,

You could rename it "bliss1.bmp", or "blisss.bmp". People should figure it out then, plus you get a preview window when looking at Wallpapers.

I don't mean this in a mean way, but is it just me, or does anyone else out here also think that perhaps bliss.bmp is probably the ugliest of all the Wallpapers? :D

I actually chose a different Wallpaper that I actually liked, as a default for my Unattended CD. And that better Wallpaper was renamed to bliss.bm_, thus saving me the agravation of finding out where to change any settings for a different name to be loaded. :rolleyes:

Well, Yong, good luck, I hope you get it all the way you want it. The truth is, there's nothing like the feeling of getting it all working perfectly, as your heart desires. And it took me about a year to reach that level of satisfaction...!

I never quite got Norton Antivirus as Unattended as I would like, but I can live with that. I just have to go through the NAV registration screens after the whole Unattended completes, a bit of a nuisance, but I am not good enough to automate this with a script file, biggest problem being different speeds, or timing, on my different computers... Also, NAV can mistake .JS script files for Viruses (or an attempt to install a virus).

Ooops! Bit of a ramble. Sorry... :)

haha it's ok dude' i always like to pour out my trouble to any of my friend who happen to be my victim' but it sure feel good to have some one to share with u! hehz' anyway i will try to find some other way to do it, cuz i can't rename it since some computer will have background while some dun have. Reasons is cause for the low-end, i be removing it, for the high-end, i will placing it. I hope someone can give me a solution! Regarding RaveRod, i already try it le... i doesn't work, i think is the registry key that got problem, not the timing.

I don't mean this in a mean way, but is it just me, or does anyone else out here also think that perhaps bliss.bmp is probably the ugliest of all the Wallpapers? 

Right-ee-o UGLY!

But you could just take whatever installation you have right now and open "luna.theme" in %windir%\resources\themes and edit it with notepad to get rid of all of the bliss, and then put that in $oem$\$$\resources\themes and it should replace the original, and apply it whenever someone logs on...

Good luck getting rid of that once-beautiful but now-abhorrent wallpaper...

Guest zippy

;Dont apply theme wallpaper & screensaver
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Plus!\Themes\Apply]
"Desktop wallpaper"="0"
"Screen saver"="0"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"SCRNSAVE.EXE"=""
"Wallpaper"=""

try add those regTweak, works on my box. set wallpaper/screensaverto none. and you can put them back manually whenever you want.