my theme is killed?

ok, it is fixed now. but what was the problem? i have do so many things as if uncheck the box in nlite "disable SPC" because i already have a regtweak. i also ripped out the SFCQUOTA in winnt.sif. i also have created a new uxtheme.dl_ i also put a new clean i386 and shrink it again with nlite.

but i am happy it works again, thanks alanoll for your support through PM and this topic..... i give you an extra star, supersupermoderator. :)

edit: i was too early with my smile, config window stay classic, so there is another problem.....?

also it is not a problem created by one of my regtweaks because i use it too on the another pc (which i use the orginal xp) and i am able to switch config window to classic and backwards...

so the problem could be: nlite ripped too much or the uxtheme.dll is not working properly again.....? this time i dont get any errors with uxtheme during setup.

it could be you don't have your theme and associated files correctly placed.....

i am not sure if u understand me, all windows are themed bij sentinel and works good. except the config window... see the pic

uploadthat-gone.JPG

that theme i dont have created by myself, it was ready to use and i downloaded at www.themexp.org

please note the first image-example is from my second pc.

the second image u see what i missed, and what is working good.

uploadthat-gone2.JPG

I just saw this.

Well...nlite is not removing anything connected to uxtheme, but to be sure see on cd in i386 is there uxtheme.dl_ and in services see if Themes Support is running.

In those two screenshots first one is classic themed, i don't see any part of sentinel.

Sometimes these things get fixed by restoring luna theme...maybe that's the thing that corrupted your themes. (but this is not common problem)

Once i had similiar experience when deleting some critical folders and applying massive reg tweaks.

As i always recommend...try reducing clean windows, without any tweaks or addons, try it in virtual machine, if it works then you can debug your tweaks.

(you can remove luna theme if you're not using it)

And sfc can only get on the way...you can disable it.

I just saw this.

Well...nlite is not removing anything connected to uxtheme, but to be sure see on cd in i386 is there uxtheme.dl_ and in services see if Themes Support is running.

In those two screenshots first one is classic themed, i don't see any part of sentinel.

Sometimes these things get fixed by restoring luna theme...maybe that's the thing that corrupted your themes. (but this is not common problem)

Once i had similiar experience when deleting some critical folders and applying massive reg tweaks.

As i always recommend...try reducing clean windows, without any tweaks or addons, try it in virtual machine, if it works then you can debug your tweaks.

(you can remove luna theme if you're not using it)

And sfc can only get on the way...you can disable it.

the first is from a classic view which i have choosen op pc2 yes. i dont have removed any critical (which is colored red in nlite). in second pic u see a blue titlebalk above the config window, that is a part of sentinel also startmenu is and go so on.

i also dont use massive regtweaks. but ermmm.... i have read something about difference uxtheme by difference SP2. how i could see which uxtheme i needed? maybe i have the wrong uxtheme (again)?

SolidasRock, heh...well it's crucial.

Send unhacked slipstreamed,compressed on my mail, i'll see what can be done.

(you can get my email from nlite)

Hi solidas,

Mayby i can help you with a DUTCH version of a good and working patched UXtheme.dll

To verify the version of Winxp u have just type at the command prompt: winver(start > uitvoeren)

Then u will see what version and build your WinXP is.

Write that down and i will see if we match up with the dutch version and provide u the files u may need. Including the default luna theme and so on.

I check back here tomorrow for you.

@ the others:

Do u think that there is a difference between de localized windows versions and those files we are talking about?

No, he means only the UXtheme.dll

But only the one u get when u updated and slipstreamed the xpcd.

And than it should be the REAL one, not the hacked version.

by the way, what says your winver?

which build do you have?

EDIT: missed ure last lines! hehe

i have downloaded and installed the SP1a and the winver stay the same so i have SP1a (i was not sure if i have SP1 or the SP1a)

Versie 5.1 (build 2600 xpsp1.020828-1920: Service Pack 1)

and after windows update i have

Versie 5.1 (build 2600 xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

i simply dont have time to update because the uxtheme error stays, and now it is fixed (i think)