The final touch to a great installation :D

I have been a member of this forum since late september last year and I have a lot to thank You all for! The things I have learned here - I don´t think that it would have been possible to learn these things enywhere else :)

:rolleyes: There is one final thing I haven´t mastered yet... and it´s probably easy, when I know how to...

Status;

My harddrive is partitioned in several logical drives. I have a complete "unattended install" on drive D.

I would like to boot my computer as simple as possible. Access drive D and start the "unattended install". This instead of burning a cd with every update and installing from it.

So gentlemen, and women :D

Please give me an advice on how to do this. I have looked into Bart PE-builder, but... no... :D

/ SwedenXP

I've done this using a floppy to control the whole operation, and also using a command in windows that reboots and causes this to occur. now i do have my unattended install as a hidden partition so parts of this wont be relevent to you.

The easiest way is the floppy disk. What I did was to make a pc-dos boot disk and then using symantec's Gdisk (comes with ghost) i made a batch file that unhid the partition and then set it as the active partition and then it runs restart.com and reboots the computer.

computer now reboots and then runs another batch file which sets the active partition back to what it used to be. it then runs the unattended reinstall which on my system takes about 2 hours.

i got the idea from the old dell ZZTop command which did something sorta similar.

-Thomas