XPCREATE doesn't find SATA drivers

Rockhound

I have a similar problem.

What we need is a Complete Frikkin' Morons guide to XPCREATE.

Please, someone walk us through the adding of SATA drivers to the CD! :)

What is the proper way to name the directory where the drivers are to be put.

What else must be done WHEN they are in the right place with right names - if anything.

k? tnx! =)

Weebl.

EDIT: Oh, and I have a 'board with the Si3112r chipset, so feel free to use that as the template for the CFM-guide to XPCREATE!

I also just downloaded the very latest version of this driver (v1.0.0.50) - can I use that, or do I need to wait for a new TxtSetup.oem specifically for XPCREATE?

... What we need is a Complete Frikkin' Morons guide to XPCREATE. ...

That ain't gonna happen ... I'll have to put a No Morrons sign on the Web Site.

I hope you read THIS page ...

If your SATA/RAID driver is on that list, you put the drivers in the correct directory, you edited WINNT.SIF accordingly, and the drivers are not installed, attach your LOGFILES.CAB file to a new post.

And, of course ... Welcome to MSFN, weebl!

I have read it, but I don't understand why it wont work for me.

I've tried to put the drivers directly in FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\ and also any number of sub-directories within that path, but still no go.

So if I use FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS\SI3112R and in that directory put the following files:

si3112r.cat

Si3112r.inf

Si3112r.sys

SiiSupp.vxd

SiiSupp.cpl

SIWinAcc.sys

TxtSetup.oem

what ELSE must I do?

Edit/create a WINNT.SIF? Even if I do not wish to do an unattended install at all?

If so, would this do the trick?

[unattended]

OemPnPDriversPath = DRIVERS\SI3112R

And having a WINNT.SIF with only that one argument can't work can it? What is the absolute minimum an answer-file must include to work?

I'm not a fan of RAID anyway, but I would be intrested in how this is resolved

RAID doesn't add the performance I expected it to >.<

As far as I am concerned, this has been resolved long ago, as many people have correctly installed SATA/RAID drivers.

When adding OEM PnP Drivers, as we are doing here, a WINNT.SIF file IS NEEDED. For WINNT.SIF syntax, I suggest reading the REF.CHM file on the Windows CD.

... If your SATA/RAID driver is on that list, ...

Your driver, "Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID", isn't supported. Email me the drivers to the address in my signature, and I will add them next update, if possible.

@GM

Could you add this to the supported RAID drivers in the next release of XPCreate :

LSI MegaRAID IDE 100 Controller

Furthermore, maybe could you write a small guide :

How to integrate RAID drivers not supported natively by XPCreate.

A batch that expand xpcreate.cab, add the TXTSETUP.OEM info renamed to the right name (check the name of .sys driver file and rename TXTSETUP.OEM to the %driver_name%.OEM) and rebuild the cab would be a killer application.

I'll send you the driver by E-Mail

... A batch that expand xpcreate.cab, add the TXTSETUP.OEM info renamed to the right name (check the name of .sys driver file and rename TXTSETUP.OEM to the %driver_name%.OEM) and rebuild the cab would be a killer application.

I'll send you the driver by E-Mail

Odd you should mention it, I've had one for a while. You didn't think I was making these lists by hand, did you? However, posting such a thing will no doubt add more than I care to, to my workload, and this just isn't the moment for that. An easy fix may be a directory that can handle user DRIVERSYS.OEM files. Note that the *.OEM files in XPCREATE.CAB use an XPCREATE proprietary format, and are not simply TXTSETUP.OEM files renamed.

Good idea, Bilou, I'll add it to my "To Do" list ...