Intel help

scorpy

Ok, first off, I am considering a MSI board for my next purchase. I was curious how their tech/driver support was. Do they release drivers fairly often, or have good tech support if something does go wrong?

And second, I was looking at an Intel 3.2 Ghz processor for the MSI Neo2-PFS. My problem is, I thought I read somewhere that Intel boards/processors require special power connections. Is this true, and if so what do they look like? I have a Allied AL-A400ATX (400 watt) power supply, would that work? I am sure some people here have plenty experience that could help. Thank you very much for your expertise.

Oh P.S., I am new to the Intel scene. Iis that a decent board? I want reliability with good drivers, and reasonably priced. Sounds like a fairy tale, but I have had issues in the past with cheap motherboards that have opened my eyes. I just want to be sure before purchasing. Thanks!

Yes, MSI makes nice boards. The power supply will work if you're using something else then a Pentium 4. If you're using Pentium 4, then you need to get a power supply compatible with the Pentium 4 because the connection to the motherboard is different for P4 motherboards.

So the little 4 pin white connector is needed plus the usual 2 row-20 pin power connector? Because I believe my power supply does have them both. But it has been in an AMD system, so I wanted to double check. I believe the power supply came from Newegg, here is the link. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-154-013&DEPA=0

Right under the connector labeled P6 is the 4 pin one that I have. It looks the same to me. Thanks for the help!