ATI control panel/drivers on Win2k3

Has anyone been able to get the ATI control panel working?

I have 2 monitors and a TV that I often need to switch between, and the best way to do this is with the ATI Control panel (Desktop Properties, Settings, Advanced shows extra tabs with the ATI logo, which make up the ATI conrol panel).

However, I've downloaded their Catalyst package a number of times (not so recently, but I doubt it would matter), and it has never been able to install the control panel correctly. The drivers go in fine, and everything works, but the ATI tabs don't show up. Even the systray icon for the ATI control panel shows up, and will link me to the place where the ATI tabs normally are, but the tabs do not appear.

Anyway, I need to know: Has anyone found a way to get the ATI control panel working on Windows 2003? Or, does anyone know of another way I could switch between video outputs on my Graphics card without rebooting with only X monitors plugged in?

Kenny - we know.

Anyway back onto a useful post:

Grab the very latest version and install it fresh (device manager and uninstall the video card and reinstall it) and it should work, had this problem under XP many times and this was the only that it would work.

If that doesn't work then I don't know what to suggest.

Actually, by complete chance, I managed to find something out: The ATI control panel Tabs DO APPEAR as long as I don't have the option "Extend my Desktop to this monitor" selected. I don't know why this matters, but it's happening. However, on Windows XP, I don't have this problem.

I'll try uninstalling /reinstalling now.

EDIT: Kenny - Yes, it is. However, it's fairly hard to see what's going on with your server without some sort of graphics card. And, graphics cards require Drivers. If the drivers don't work right, there is a problem.