Very Nice Right Click menu add-on

CMenuExtender << Its FREE!!!

CMenuExtender is a shell extension that lets the user add items to the Explorer right click contextmenu with Icons. Using any registry-editor or the supplied GUI, the user can add submenus and items such as shortcuts to programs, documents, folders, webpages and scripts. CMExt also has some predefined commands for copying, moving and retrieving information on files and directories.

This thing even does the Copy To, Move To, Dos Prompt, URL, Open Doc's, Displays Path and allows Copy and quite a few other things. Works on nearly all files or Folders. HOSTS has no extension so that didn't work is all I found.

You can customize it completely and add what you want. Pick an icon from any dll or exe.

I've done deleted all mine from registry as this is much nicer. The icons aren't real nice but they ok. Most ico are 16 and this uses 13 so minor thing.

BTW did i say source code included CPP or Pascal

I've done added it to my Unattened CD so if you need help with that let me know. Its not a silent installer.

Some Examples>>>CMenuExtender.jpg

Only 1 problem I have found with it is on uninstall even though it is in Add/Remove it don't delete the reg keys. So I whipped this up.

In a cmd file <as you can see I'm using %SystemDrive%\cMenuExtender for folder

start /wait %SystemDrive%\cMenuExtender\cmexted.exe -u
regsvr32 /u %SystemDrive%\cMenuExtender\cmext.dll
regedit /s %SystemDrive%\cMenuExtender\Uninstall.reg
EXIT

Uninstall.reg

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ABC70703-32AF-11d4-90C4-D483A70F4825}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ABC70703-32AF-11d4-90C4-D483A70F4825}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]
"{ABC70703-32AF-11d4-90C4-D483A70F4825}"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Revenger inc.]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\CMenuExtender]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\CMenuExtender]

I did a search and didn't see this anywhere so sorry if someone done it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey! :rolleyes:

Yes, I have asked for this before. I have not read this post till now. And I do thank you for sharing this with me. This looks VERY nice. Just what the doctor orderd.

Thank you for sharing this with me, maxXP!

*click* :)

Kind regards,

eNuffSaid

Well, gave it a shot. Looks very nice. Small application too.

I have 2 context menu's I've created myself. One is the infamous McAfee trick, and the other is a "Create Playlist." With regard to the latter, I've tried porting the Creat Playlist context menu over to CMExt but I can't get it to work. This is because the output is always written to the user profile rather than the actual directory. I might email the author, but I read he's not developing it anymore.

I'll be doing McAfee next. Don't expect to much problems for this one.

Thanks again for spreading the word!

Kind regards,

eNuffSaid

Is that Create Playlist with Winamp? Haven't tried that myself yet but think I will mess with it. Anyone else come up with something post.

I had a little difficulty with 1 thing and finally figured it out. I think it will do anything just getting it right. Like using the Append directory or File.

I'm not sure about Winamp as I don't use it myself that much. I know Winamp will take .pls (?) files and MediaPlayer won't. So the command line I wrote will simply dump a .m3u file with all playable media in a particular directory. It can be very easily changed to output a .pls name. Media extensions can be added or removed easily.

With CMExt I have to tell it from *which* directory I want a playlist created, which is easy, I check the "append directory" box. But I *also* have to tell it WHERE to output the file, and THAT is different every time. I've played with it all night yesterday, and finally gave up. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime, for now I'll live with having no icon with my "Create Playlist" context menu. I'm doing McAfee first. :)

Thanks again!

I was Beta testing the new Command Shell for MS and it somehow messed up my Dos here to open command prompt at current dir on files and folders. Strange that even CD D:\Backup wouldn't change to that dir

Heres what i figured out

Append directory and add this with no space at end of it.

/k cd /d

After running that just once CD started working again so it was the Beta doing it somehow. I just left this cause it work's fine.

enuffsaid

Perhaps you could use that somehow too get your command working..

Max...

perhaps you could be a little more clear on where exactly I should add this "/k cd /d"

should it look like:

<sendfolder /k cd /d>

or

<sendfolder> </k cd /d>

or perhaps even somewhere completely different?

Thanks!

This is my reg entry for Dos Here

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Revenger inc.\CMenuExtender\Contents]
"002_item"="<command>cmd.exe</command><caption>Dos here</caption><commandline>/k cd /d</commandline><icon>pifmgr.dll,0</icon><description>Dos here</description><sendfolder>"

The /d spec's the dir = Changes the current drive or the current directory for a drive.

If you open the CMextEd and double click "Dos Here" the /k cd /d is in Commandline:

Hi Max,

Didn't work. :) Tried different locations for placing the /k cd /d, and experimented some more with combinations, but to no avail. It consistently saves my playlist in my user profile rather than the selected directory. Bugger.

Thanks for your help anyway. Still a great app!

• 2 weeks later...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Revenger inc.\CMenuExtender\Contents]
"002_item"="<command>cmd.exe</command><caption>Dos here</caption><commandline>/k cd /d</commandline><icon>pifmgr.dll,0</icon><description>Dos here</description><sendfolder>"

Neat. That's a lot smarter than what I use in my un-official, non-released version that corrects the problem.

// Open a command window like cmd /k "d:" && cd "Program"
o.dwOSVersionInfoSize:=sizeof(OSVERSIONINFO);
GetVersionEx(o);
prog_str:='command.exe';
if (o.dwPlatformId=VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT) then
 prog_str:='cmd.exe';

fName:=selectedFile;
if (fName='*') then Exit;

dir_str:=Copy(fName, 0, 2);

if (not isDirectory(fName)) then
 fName:=folderFromPath(fName);

cmd_str:='/k '+dir_str+' && cd "'+fName+'"';
ShellExecute(0, 'open', 'cmd.exe', PChar(cmd_str), nil, SW_NORMAL);

If I ever make a new version I'll credit you for that one. :-)

I like this thing, especially customizing the way you want without hacking dll's which may be replaced today in the next update.

Just haven't figured out what enuffsaid want's to do. I'm sure there's a way if more people would use it and experiment. I tried for about 6 hour's and was close but no cigar yet.

ChTh

Yep gotta look for that cmd.exe in XP

Hmm maybe need's to modify my source??

Does that work out??

Are you modding void wizDoshere(void) in WIZARDS.CPP ???

Beside's this work's in the mainline for this site which is Unattended

I have that working great.

> Just haven't figured out what enuffsaid want's to do.

I'm not sure either, but a classic solution I told people that mailed me with their problems was to use a .bat-file. Enuffsaid might be able to use something like

@echo off
c:\some_program_you_want_to_use.exe -input_dir %1 -output_dir %1

and direct a menuitem to that file. Using a bat-file you can get more fine-grained control over the commandline arguments. The above example combined with <send_folder> would provide a function that CMExt in it self can't.

> Yep gotta look for that cmd.exe in XP

It works in W2K as well. My version works in W95+, but if yours works in previous Windows-versions, it is more tidy.

> Hmm maybe need's to modify my source??

> Does that work out??

You can compile and build CMExt with Delphi 6 Personal Edition available free from Borland. One of the reasons I cancelled CMExt was that my Delphi 4 didn't work in NT and I didn't know Personal Edition could build CMExt. I only found out 6PE worked with CMExt a few months ago, so now I'm considering making a new version.