Top Spec PC

CuBie

Some advice -

Get a website going. Allow people to customize their computers, right down to the OS. Don't use cheap hardware, it will only make you look bad (sorry, I see a LOT of crappy hardware listed there). Have a good 90 day warrantee, people like to know they won't get burned (heck, offer a service plan if you can).

If you want to get rid of your old stock, find a company that needs a buch of cheap computers and sell them at a bulk rate. Cheap PC's aren't really worth selling on an individual basis, unless you're willing to just break even on the sales. People will notice the rediculous markup on less expensive systems and you'll have a hard time selling them.

Oh, and as Best Buy will tell ya- it's all about the accessories. :)

Some advice -

Get a website going. Allow people to customize their computers, right down to the OS. Don't use cheap hardware, it will only make you look bad (sorry, I see a LOT of crappy hardware listed there). Have a good 90 day warrantee, people like to know they won't get burned (heck, offer a service plan if you can).

If you want to get rid of your old stock, find a company that needs a buch of cheap computers and sell them at a bulk rate. Cheap PC's aren't really worth selling on an individual basis, unless you're willing to just break even on the sales. People will notice the rediculous markup on less expensive systems and you'll have a hard time selling them.

Oh, and as Best Buy will tell ya- it's all about the accessories.  :)

Thanks for the advice, you were a bit more friendly than ne0win.. lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5105481079

=))

chris.

wow such a good system (only if I had the money and if u shipped else where :) )

I agree with making a website with customizable options.

its really easy to make it.

and put the prices next to the model names.

u know all the manufacturers have it these days.

look at dell's website very customizable.

checkbox'es and radio buttons and a form, and a little db :rolleyes:

I'd also put a min bid and show the price of what it'd actually cost so ppl won't have to go search for every individual price of each component.

make a website advertise it. make a friend with some good review company and let them talk about your website and how good and fast u guys ship, let them say "what a nice support they've"

u'd have to think BIG, well at least that's what i'd do if i wanted to sell computers. where do u get your components from? what advantage would the customers have if they choose u're company? their benefits?

u'd have to get deals from some manufacturers to get a better deal than what ppl get from retail stores like best buy and etc.. otherwise your price would be much higher then what best buy has and therefore either u'd sell them for a lower price or won't be able to sell at all.

u could also sell the components separetly...

and I think 3 day listing is a short period of time.

also u'll have to pay for ebay all the time for advertising. I dunno what to do about that, :D

and name, name of the company or the website is important. if u're going to open up a company, I don't know how it works is london but u might have to do lots of paper work for a company. website would be easier?...

(I hope u don't get me wrong, i'm just trying to help, I'd like to see the best from everyone..just quoting from what I'd do if i started a business like this...)

Um, the link you gave - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5105481079 - shows that the system started out with a £1.00 starting bid? :)

Anyway, you should be careful about stating actual costs on your website (except for accessories). People can add up all the items and see just what a systems real price is. Besides, keeping all of your prices current is a real pain, and if you screw something up, people will hold you to it. Remember, K.I.S.S. :rolleyes: