Can't copy I386 from CD

I'm trying to make my firs unattended install CD and I'm having trouble copying the contents of the CD to my harddrive.

When I try to copy the I386 folder to my hard drive I get the "Cannot Copy file: Cannot read from source file or disk" Error window pop up, So I tried doing it form the command promt and it would copy, but it woudn't copy all of the files. It would only copy five thousand of the six thousand something files.

The rest of the CD will cut and paste to my Hard drive without troubles. Its jsut the I386 folder. Any thoughts guys?

1.) try to enable display of ALL files, i.e. show hidden and system files (you can set this somewhere in Explorer) After you've done that, copy again

2.) Is your CD broken? Maybe your CD has scratches and your drive isn't any longer capable of reading the CD properly.

normally there are 2 reasons for that kind of message

1. cd copy protection (which in this case isn't the reason)

2. your cd is scratched and therefore its unable to read it, if u go furthermore i'm sure its gonna say cylic redundancy error :)...

either change the cd or try it on another drive. some drives have better error correction then the others

• 2 weeks later...