Webcam problem somebody help me pleeeeeeeeeeez

wasay911

:) Hi

I don't know whats wrong with Windows XP it does'nt recognize the webcam i installed(company:lightwave,model:IC 100).In the device manager system tree it shows, under the universal bus controllers as "Unknown device" ! Altough i've intalled the drivers, but in the properties dialog box under the "General" it shows as "no drivers are installed for this device" and on the "Driver" side it shows Driver provider:microsoft,Driver date:7/1/2001,Driver version:5.1.2600.0,Digital signer:Microsoft Windows xp publisher,and the buttons down it when clicked says... (driver details button as)"No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device,(update driver button)gives an option to install the driver but after installing it says like this 'the wizard has finished installing the software for' "Unknown Device" click finish to close the wizard, and after clicking everything is same nothing changes nor the cam works or the windows reconizes the cam,(ROll back drivers button when clicked says)no driver files have been backed up for this device? and asks me to run the trouble shooter i did that also but in the end it says 'This troubleshooter is unable to solve your problem' "You have run into a problem that this troubleshooter cannot help you solve. For additional Windows resources, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update".(Uninstall button)when i uninstalled the cam and reinstall it the same old story continues......i don't know why in the world it is not working on my computer please help me out of this problem :rolleyes:

As for your information i connected the cable after installing drivers and checked the cable more than hundred times it is connected very well and i tried all the 4 USB ports in my computer.Ok if you need model of motherboard it is Intel petium 3 D815EEA and powered with intel pentium 3 866mhz processor. I've tried every possible ways but windows cannot recognize the device! help me pleeeeeeeezzzzzz :D

Wasay911,

The problem is that your web-cam was made to use Win 98 drivers. I have one sitting in a box right now that is not compatable with XP, and no newer drivers or software was made for it.

You can try DriverGuide.com Do a search, but me thinks you'll have to update to a web-cam that is XP compatable.

Treeman