VIA 4in1 driver integration help

hossmonkey

Hey,

My first post & i'm sure this has been asked but none of my searches panned out!?

I've read all of the The "definative" guide to unattended xp cd but still have questions, which are many!?

I've gotten all the way to adding drivers & understand that only .inf files work & if they don't you have to use the [GuiRunOnce] option.

I have a gigabyte ga-7avxp MoBo (VIA chispet KT400) & I'd like to add the 4in1 drivers. I've launched the 4in1 install & have grabbed the temp file of the install to look for any *.inf files & can't find even one?

So does this mean I have to go with the [GuiRunOnce] option?

If yes, do I have to use the [GuiRunOnce] option for all drivers since the chipset drivers should be installed first?

If no one knows then at least I have a disk that doesn't need the product key added every time I install it!

:-)

Regards,

Hoss

I've launched the 4in1 install & have grabbed the temp file of the install to look for any *.inf files & can't find even one?

A simple trick is to use winrar to open the via*.exe file and get access to those inf files... :)

I've launched the 4in1 install & have grabbed the temp file of the install to look for any *.inf files & can't find even one?

A simple trick is to use winrar to open the via*.exe file and get access to those inf files... :)

Edit: I dropped the install on WINRAR & it shows some of the files! :-)

Do I just worry about the *.inf files only or do I need to pay attenttion to the REG. files or any other files as well?

I also noticed IDE.inf driver but didn't make a folder in $OEM$\$1\Drivers do I need to do this or do they go someplace else?

I'm new to this so please bare with me & thanks for the help!

in the agp folder, keep the files viaagp1.cat, viaagp.inf, and viaagp1.sys.

in the ide folder, keep the files viaide2k.dll, viaidexp.inf, viaidexp.sys, and viamini.cat.

in the inf folder, keep the files viamach.inf and viamach.cat.

via hyperion 4.51

Thanks Athlon!

I don't have an INF folder in $OEM$\$1\Drivers ... I didn't see that in any FAQ's? Do I make it in this directory $OEM$\$1\Drivers or someplace else?

Thanks again for the baby stepping me through this!!!

Could use some help on the REALtek audio & Lan drivers if you don't mind?

Can the ATI cat drivers be put in with the AGP/graphics folder with the AGP drivers?

Thanks again!

I don't have an INF folder in $OEM$\$1\Drivers ... I didn't see that in any FAQ's? Do I make it in this directory $OEM$\$1\Drivers or someplace else?

in response to this post, the inf folder comes from the original driver file, the exe. and it does go in$OEM$\$1\Drivers

i am assuming for your os, you are using xp. the file attached is the unattended driver from the original driver file. i renamed the winxp folder to lan for easy integration. just extract to $oem$\$\drivers, and of course add the info to your winnt.sif

file removed

Edited by athlonxp2100pro