Migration

blakelyg

Is there any easy way to migrate (including OS and registry) info from a smaller drive to a larger one so that the larger one can then be installed as the master drive (C:\) and be bootable? Using Windows 98 SE.

Any info (links to programs - freeware preferably) would be appreciated.

Thnx

G

:)

Is there any easy way to migrate (including OS and registry) info from a smaller drive to a larger one so that the larger one can then be installed as the master drive (C:\) and be bootable? Using Windows 98 SE.

Any info (links to programs - freeware preferably) would be appreciated.

Thnx

G

:)

Your new hard drive should have came with a disk to install the drive. In that menu it will have the option to transfer any OS or data from the old drive. I know seagate, IBM, Westerne digital and Maxtor all have this included as I have own or am using them now.

-Xperties

Your new hard drive should have came with a disk to install the drive. In that menu it will have the option to transfer any OS or data from the old drive. I know seagate, IBM, Westerne digital and Maxtor all have this included as I have own or am using them now.

-Xperties

I've ordered three hard drives over the past year, Maxtor, Western Digital and IBM, and none of them came with a floppy disk... :)

Its the install disk. If you oreder it online you probaly got a white box also know as a OEM. If its a retail box as sold in stores like Best Buy or Comp-usa then it includes the disk. Either way arguing it wont go any where. Simple go to the website or post your hard drive here and Ill find the disk for you off the Manuf. website.

-Xperties

-Xperties

I've ordered three hard drives over the past year, Maxtor, Western Digital and IBM, and none of them came with a floppy disk... :)

Most likey due to that fact that u got them OEM or on a super sale!

hehe

-Drew