PEXP installer... NEW VERSION

jdgordon

in fact I want to use the answerlist param sets = to 2 :

; 2 = Use the supplied winnt.sif file for the answers (editing the settings does nothing for this option)

it shows me a wrong path (lots of square characters)...

---good job to be announced :]

my method :

boot on bartPE

mount a z: network distribution and launch a script on it...

then (in the script) copy the unattend file and launch pexp installer !

here is the ini used :

---

; PEXP Installer Settings file

; Lines starting with a ; are comments and ignored by the program.

;

; currently there are only 3 settings.

;

; answerLocation is the default location of the winnt.sif file to use as the answer file

; winnt32location is where the winnt32.exe file is located

; both of these can use environment variables. %TEMP% should goto your ram drive and %SYSTEMDRIVE% will be the root of our cd

;

; answerList is the default setting for the drop list titles "Use the file how?"

; 0 = Boring attended install

; 1 = Save the answers to the supplied winnt.sif file (use this option to edit the answers before installing )

; 2 = Use the supplied winnt.sif file for the answers (editing the settings does nothing for this option)

;

answerLocation=%TEMP%\UNATTEND.TXT

winnt32Location=Z:\install\OS\WXPSP1FR\UNATTEND\I386\winnt32.exe

answerList=2

; winnt32.exe parameter defaults...

; the following are available in this file

; /noreboot, /unattend, /makelocalsource, /syspart, /tempdrive, /s

; to set a default for these type the name=<value> where value is 1 or 0, 1 = yes, 0 = no. (the value determines wheather to use the switch or not)

; /syspart, /tempdrive and /s require a second value after the number

; i.e /syspart=1C or /s=1c:\windows\

;

; ALSO there is another variable, /other which you can use to add other parameters i have not included

; i.e /other=1/checkupgradeonly /cmdcons

/unattend=1

/noreboot=0

/makelocalsource=1

/syspart=1C

/tempdrive=1c

---hope this helps :]

works fine here????

don't work at all (the exe is on the z: network share...)

it show in confirmation : lot of squares string (instead of the location of unattended.sif...)!...

and an error !

---just not strange :]

Suggestion for the winnt32.exe parameters in settings.ini

this would be more easier if the syntax is the same as the command line.

[switch]
/s:F:\I386
/unattend:c:\unattend.txt
/syspart:c:
/tempdrive:c:
/makelocalsource
/noreboot
;/copydir:F:\UPDATES

if the switch is present in the [switch] section in settings.ini, it is passed to the winnt32.exe with the values

no need to use the 0|1 value. If we don't need to pass a switch, we just put a ; before the switch like /copydir in my sample.

Can you add this /copydir switch in winnt32.exe parameters (same as /s with input for the path)

hey, sorry i didnt understand where u were saying the black blocks things were happeneing... it was some stupid code mistakes, all fixed now... ill prob get round to releasing a new version tomorow.... getting closer to finished.

Bilou: u talking about the black blocks in the confirmatin window??? thats fixed now, ill post an update today hopefully

greats :)

finnaly just still have the problem of the $oem$ copying of files not done from winnt32 !!! (read somewhere on the forum that it's in the txtsetup part of winnt that this may be done... may be a bug ?!)

the work around I'm in test with is just some bat xcopy from the $oem$ directory:

manually copy $oem$...

is it implemented in your tool ?

another cool settings will be an automated (/silent) install/call :rolleyes:

---in fact; when all is tested ok, we just have to use :D

hey, i decided to do some more code fixing today and iv run out of time so maybe tomorow nite ill get it out. i also plan to do guirunonce settings and possibly branding settings and maybe even some reg hacks before next release... but we shal c. to copy the $oem$ dir cant u use the oemPreInstall switch in the Unattended page?

but we shal c. to copy the $oem$ dir cant u use the oemPreInstall switch in the Unattended page?

only in "normal" setup : winnt (from dos boot, or boot cd...)

because as I now : the same unattended.txt sets file don't copy the $oem$ from a direct call of winnt32 ...! (from pe or xp)

params oempreinstall set to yes (may be have to put from [unattended] to [guiUnattended] ???)

---near a feature... from/to clear A bug :)