Firefox 0.9 bugs and solutions

dkreifus

I'm hoping people will post fixes and problems with Firefox 0.9.

Sometimes when I launch a link from AIM, 2 Firefox windows pop up. 1 is double sized(i have 2 monitors), and its blank, with no shortcuts.

The second window shows up in front of it, with all links working and the correct page displayed.

Sometimes both windows are normal sized, but same thing happens (1 blank, 1 not).

I have Single Window extension as my only installed extension

I have some problems too that I couldn't find answers to... Like My launch.com player does not come up when I try to play my music. I think that was the only problem I was having... I installed Java and Direct X so I would not know what would be the prob...

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I install Firefox 0.9.1 in an unattended install using the Mozilla 1.7 setup.exe and the silent switches. As soon as that is done, I install Flash 7 and the latest Shockwave 10.x. Now when I go to a website I can't view any flash stuff and it has the link to go and download flash. I don't get it. The plugin works for IE, but no Firefox.

Any suggestions?

@gandalfgrey: See, everytime I install flash and shockwave, it is on a clean (reformatted) version of windows.

The installer works for firefox, because yesterday I took the same file and installed flash manually and it worked. I am not too sure why. Oh well. If no one has any other ideas I will just leave it. It isn't the end of the world, firefox still rules!

]Bonkers[

• 3 weeks later...
Bonkers[,Jul 2 2004, 03:29 PM] I install Firefox 0.9.1 in an unattended install using the Mozilla 1.7 setup.exe and the silent switches. As soon as that is done, I install Flash 7 and the latest Shockwave 10.x. Now when I go to a website I can't view any flash stuff and it has the link to go and download flash. I don't get it. The plugin works for IE, but no Firefox.

We are looking at pushing out firefox as a networked unattended install. We have tried severl different methods with no success. I was curious if you could enlighten me as to how you used the mostilla setup to push it out.

kharb

Welcome first.

If you do a quick search and set it to specify the Unattended Section, you will bring up a few results. Most issues have been resolved, and you should find you get the answer here. Teh explanations are pretty weel detailed and clear.

I've not tried them, but will be hoping to at weekend if DIY doesn't take over again

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=Search&mode=adv&f=70

The above link should start you off

Oioldman