Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
HappyRay

Can't get my regtweaks.reg-file to work

Hi!

Have followed AaronXP's guide (http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/registrytweaks.htm).

I have the following lines at the end of winnt.sif

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

start.cmd

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\regtweaks.reg

Both start.cmd and regtweaks.reg are placed in $OEM$\$1\install\ on the CD.

But the tweaks does not seem to integrate under setup...

And another question (a little off topic): is it possilbe to disable Outlook Express via the [Components] section of winnt.sif?

HappyRay

try.. removing all the tweaks, except 1 or 2, and seeing if they are applied, my guess is u have a tweak thats incorrect, everything else looks good

& yes u can disable outlook via winnt.sif but if u dont use it, why not use a program like nlite (see link in signature) 2 remove it perminately

regards

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home.

Which syntax should I use for disabling Outlook Express? I know I can remove it through Add/Remove Programs -> Windows Components, but I do not want it installed in the first place :rolleyes: 'Cause i use Opera :)

I've alreday disabled Windows Messenger and MSN Explorer in winnt.sif, since I never use these...

hmmm, maybe i was wrong.. it doesnt look like u can remove it via winnt.sif

i found this in ref.chm

OEAccess

Specifies whether to install visible entry points to Outlook Express.

Syntax OEAccess = On | Off

Values On

Installs visible entry points to Outlook Express.

Off

Does not install visible entry points to Outlook Express.

Default Value On

Example OEAccess = On

Comments This entry does not remove any Windows code, including any Outlook Express code, other than these visible entry points.

sorry for the mis information :) but nLite does remove it, check it out (link in signature)