Getting new version of XPCREATE to load from HDD

THRiLL KiLL

Another fun post from a newbie :rolleyes:

i have been using XPCREATE /w jojo's downloader and untill recently that has worked perfectly fine.. untill jojo lost his hosting and the site went down (but we still have to give him props) now with the new version of xpcreate, greenmachine has integrated the auto downloading of the patches witch is great. the problem that i am having is when i modify the xpcreate.ini to look for the files on the hdd it doesnt work anymore.... any help would be greatfull :)

I don't get it ... XPCREATE.INI cannot be modified to look on the HDD for the files as such. With DLAUTO=YES, XPCREATE will download files that are not locally present, and have the correct MD5 checksum. With DLAUTO=NO, XPCREATE will use the files on the HDD without verification of any sort.

If that doesn't answer your question, please reformulate the question so I understand ...

Ahhhh.

Having automated as much as possible, there may be a bug there ... However, if you just let XPCREATE do it's thing for a first run, it will copy the CD to the directory CDSOURCE, extract the boot image, slipstream the source if needed, and use this HDD copy for all subsequent creations. Manually, you may need to update COPYSOURCE in XPCREATE.INI, as well as BOOTIMG, and place the bootimage and the source in the corresponding directories.

modifing the copysource entry in the ini does not work :D =) that was the 1st thing i did when i got the new version and i did move the bootimg over from a previous install ( you have helpfull error msgs that tell you when things are missing)

this weekend i will have time to sit down and see if i can fix this prob.. if i find an awnser ill post :)

besides this small hiccup ... this has been working like a charm.. i have a windows xp pro disk that has 65 drivers, and is fully automated :rolleyes: it fits in a 713 meg image that when its overburned works like a charm.

this weekend i will be doing the same process for win2k pro win2k server xp home and 2k3 server :D