Why won't my CD boot?

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

I made 2 versions of the cd, one with xpsp2 integrated, the other xpsp1a. I thought they were identical. However, when I use the cdimage_pro tool from the tutorial, the xpsp2 version boots, the other version doesn't. I'm getting an error when I 'press any key to boot from cd' that says it can't find NTLDR.

What am I doing wrong?

Gai-jin

use nero to burn it....

no emulation... image file... 4 sectors....

it could just be a corrupt image as well... have you got virtual pc 2004? if not download a trial.. use that to test it (you don't have to burn the image to test, just mount it off the hard drive)

I have used the batch file from the tutorial twice to create the image. I'm using nero to burn to image recorder, trying to create an iso that way. hopefully it will work.

I've also re-downloaded the zip file form the tutorial and replaced the boot img file, thinking maybe it had been corrupted, but no luck. Then I tried re-doing the xpsp2 version, and it worked fine.

Is there anything that I could be missing in the root of my cd or such which would cause it not to boot?

Gai-jin

i use CDIMAGE.EXE to make my ISO files and it always works...

I extracted the MicrosoftCorporation.img from an original WindowsXP CD (using ISOBuster) and use that as my boot image...

cdimage -lXPSP2_EN -t08/23/2001,13:00:00 -h -n -m -o -bc:\NEW\cds\winxp\Boot.img c:\XP-SP2RC1 c:\XP_SP2.ISO

I'm getting an error when I 'press any key to boot from cd' that says it can't find NTLDR.

NTLDR should be located in the I386 directory on your CDROM.

If you get that message it means that the system is correctly booting from the CDROM, but cannot locate the NTLDR file. That means it is either not on the CDROM or there is something wrong with the naming.

Make sure that the character set is ISO9660 and not something else. Also, make sure that no ISO file version extensions are being added.

Thanks. I re-copied the entire CD into my source dir, and this did correct the problem. Didn't see the reply sooner, Probably could have just re-copied the NTLDR file. oh well. Thanks for the help y'all!