Unattended Win2k

Alright, I’ve spent a lot of time reading all kinds of topics, searching and looking for some info in regards to putting together an win2k unattended install. I'm sorry if there is already another article explaining all this and I just seemed to miss it. I've read in other articles some people having problems with people asking questions without searching then having to explain it again. So if this is true please just send me to that link/article and I’ll try to figure it out.

I'm not very experienced with unattended installs and probably considered a retard when it comes to putting one together and I've found you guys VERY helpful so I just wanted to say Thanks too. I've been able to put together an XP unattended install, copy the I386 folder over and apply hot fixes and would like to do the same for win2k.

Would the unattended XP setup be the same as creating a win2k unattended? The problem that I’ve been running into is the win2k will boot up fine but then it will ask for the windows 2000 professional disk in the floppy drive??

For the Win2k install is the setup file named differently like the XP = winnt.sif? Or is it install.txt or unattend.txt?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Becky

Yes W2k is nearly identical, I develope these unattended setups for my work in Win2k and in preparation for a RTM XP SP2 deployment. VMware rules for testing this!

Keep in mind that registry entries in W2k differ from XP, at least as far as configuring the user desktop experience is concerned. I force a lot of desktop environment cleanup during the installation. I pretty much have had to migrate our desktops from NT > 2000 (and soon to XP) , retaining the 'look and feel' to minimize (L)user OS training requirements.