Outlook Express problem

Deven

I'm having a problem in Microsoft Outlook and I was hoping someone here could help me out. I'm using XP and Outlook 2002

When I click a link in an e-mail or when I try to go to a website from my favorites on Outlook, I get the following error:

outlookerror.jpg

Can anyone help me out? I'm the only one who uses this computer and I don't ever recall putting any "restrictions" or whatever..

I'm having a problem in Microsoft Outlook and I was hoping someone here could help me out. I'm using XP and Outlook 2002

When I click a link in an e-mail or when I try to go to a website from my favorites on Outlook, I get the following error:

outlookerror.jpg

Can anyone help me out? I'm the only one who uses this computer and I don't ever recall putting any "restrictions" or whatever..

Theres no error descripition in you question Deven.

Edit your post with the message your reciveing and we can better help you

:)

|Drew|

The image i took a screenshot of is the "error" that I am receiving. I want to turn that restriction thing off but I have no clue how to do that.

No screenshot there mate......

How about typing in the description.

Shot in the dark here but if your refering to attacment restrictions heres what you need to do:

Tools>Prefs section there will be a tab related to security.

Depending on the version there may be a enable attachments or somthing of that nature.

|Drew|

Have you installed any new security software lately? Anti-Virus software?

That 'error' is usually caused by someone restricting Outlook so they don't accidentally run any malicious code in thier emails.

Off hand, I can't remember what to do to fix it, but I do know that you have to have administrator privileges (or just be logged on as admin).

Anywho, if I find the settings you need to change, I'll let ya know.

The error that popped up was

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I saw something similiar to what you said but it didnt help.

Have you installed any new security software lately? Anti-Virus software?

That 'error' is usually caused by someone restricting Outlook so they don't accidentally run any malicious code in thier emails.

Off hand, I can't remember what to do to fix it, but I do know that you have to have administrator privileges (or just be logged on as admin).

Anywho, if I find the settings you need to change, I'll let ya know.

I havent installed any new security software lately, except I have Ad-Aware and Spybot and I do run those once in a while. I don't have any Anti-Virus software.

Please do let me know if you find the settings that I would need to change.

Are you using the Administrator account? If not, here's something to try -

Log on as Administrator.

Go to the control panel and then to User Accounts.

Select the account you normally use.

Click on 'Change the Account Type'.

Make sure the 'Computer Administrator' box is checked.

If it isn't, then select it and then click 'Change Account Type'.

Log off and log on to the account you normally use. See if that fixes the problem.