I rename the Admin and use it

Or, if you follow the method mentioned to create the new admin account to use for yourself, can't the default admin account be renamed to guest (which gets disabled anyway, or is there a guest account at that stage too?), or even guest 2 or something, with some ridiculously long forgetable password, i.e. iudkfdvkbkb or some random alpha/numeric/symbolic sequence. I suppose you could set the long admin password through winnt.sif as mentioned in the autologon page linked, so that it will still logon as the new user but have the admin account as well.

My appologies folks - a complete brainfart from me!

No, of course, the Administrator account is NOT removed. I was looking at my test rig whilst it was logged on under the new user and, of course, the Admin doesn't show up there.

to delete the Admin account, you rename and delete like any other account.

I've never had to go into Recover Console. My Unattended CD is my recovery console :)

There is a reason why in Windows 2003 its REQUIRED that you enter an Admin password. XP you can just leave it blank. Always put a password even if you don't use it.

as for Default User, Admin is create from Default User, not the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the autologon method mentioned on the main unattended site, with some slight changes which I didn't think would have an effect, and it didn't work properly, and came up with runonceex saying I needed admin rights, even though I had added the new account through cmdlines.txt.

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
"adduser.cmd"
"source.cmd"

and adduser.cmd

net user rustyone "insert password" /add
net localgroup Administrators rustyone /add
net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
REGEDIT /S autologon.reg
EXIT

I did have a line in there to rename the administrator account to guest2, which did work, but the add user to admin group didn't. I also had a password specified in winnt.sif, as that tutorial mentioned that it didn't affect the autologon user.

Can anyone see what/where I did/went wrong?