delete unuseable things wont work?

i see every time the same problem. the map "drivers" and or "install" are on my hdd. i use this

ECHO.
ECHO psshutdown wordt nu gestart...
psshutdown.exe -r -t 60 -f -m "Windows XP zal nu herstarten na 1 minuut, dan is er voldoende tijd voor de computer om alles in de achtergrond in orde te maken!"
ECHO.
ECHO Bezig met het deleten van de temp files...
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\drivers
EXIT

i also use

ECHO Bezig met onnodige snelkoppelingen te verwijderen...
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programmatoegang en -instellingen.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows-Catalogus.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Bureaublad\Internet Explorer.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van muziek"

i get one question. are u sure u want to delete "Voorbeelden van muziek"? i get 1 error: couldnt find "Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen" when i choose yes i see everything, really everything is still there after the installation, so this all dont work.....

i see every time the same problem. the map "drivers" and or "install" are on my hdd. i use this
ECHO.
ECHO psshutdown wordt nu gestart...
psshutdown.exe -r -t 60 -f -m "Windows XP zal nu herstarten na 1 minuut, dan is er voldoende tijd voor de computer om alles in de achtergrond in orde te maken!"
ECHO.
ECHO Bezig met het deleten van de temp files...
EXIT

i also use

ECHO Bezig met onnodige snelkoppelingen te verwijderen...
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programmatoegang en -instellingen.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows-Catalogus.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Bureaublad\Internet Explorer.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van muziek"

i get one question. are u sure u want to delete "Voorbeelden van muziek"? i get 1 error: couldnt find "Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen" when i choose yes i see everything, really everything is still there after the installation, so this all dont work.....

no one?

it could be WFC. Alot of folders are like that, particulary when you remove components. Say you remove IE, the IE folder is still there. There are a few others as well. You can't delete them, if you try, Windows just recreates them.

Ignore it?

I think the syntax of the first example is right for folders (rd /S /Q ...), the problem may be that psshutdown starts in 60 secs but the deletion takes longer.

In the second example the last two lines are wrong, these are folders ("My Pictures" and "My Music", right?), so you also have to use "rd /S /Q" instead of "del".

Comment out the shutdown code, and add 'PAUSE' at the end, so you can check/troubleshoot the error message.

i think i have found it but i am not sure. DEL only works for 1 file, not a directory. i think RD is the right command for a directory.

edit:i still need glasses, scp have already write this

scp Posted on Jun 13 2004, 06:44 PM

I think the syntax of the first example is right for folders (rd /S /Q ...), the problem may be that psshutdown starts in 60 secs but the deletion takes longer.

In the second example the last two lines are wrong, these are folders ("My Pictures" and "My Music", right?), so you also have to use "rd /S /Q" instead of "del".

i think the same use the RD /S /Q command here:

but i think u won't be able to delete them because they are protected by WFPS (Windows File Protection System) u can bypass this using nLite and marking "Disable SFC", or simply download the hacked .dll file from here

also the psshutdown maybe stopping the delete process here:

but i think the most probably it's that the drivers folder maybe in use by windows (i have this problem) so u can try to use this comands on the first reboot

in my batch the switches are at the end like this:

RD "%systemdrive%\Program Files\ComPlus Applications" /S /Q

u can always make a test batch a temp dir with subfolder test dirs and files and test deleting it.

RMDIR is the same as RD so u try wathever u like or whatever works better? :)

Edited by wolfshade

to help other people further i have posted my solution:

the code:

ECHO removing unusable things...

must be:

ECHO removing unusable things...

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Start\Programmatoegang en -instellingen.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Start\Windows-Catalogus.lnk"

RMDIR /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen"

RMDIR /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van muziek"

i have noticed a new problem. when deleted the directory "Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen" and "Voorbeelden van muziek" in all users. the standard login what i give the name administrator have the 2 maps too. when i try removing this with

RMDIR /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Mijn documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen"
RMDIR /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Voorbeelden van afbeeldingen"
RMDIR /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Mijn documenten\Mijn muziek\Voorbeelden van muziek"
RMDIR /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\Mijn muziek\Voorbeelden van muziek"

the maps in all users are gone but the maps in administrator wont be deleted. i have to do this handmaticaly.... when change the order of the commandos it wont help.