XPCREATE

GreenMachine

Yes, the CDRTools Kit is a good, tested and trusted application. It is a port of UNIX based tools. In fact, the first versions of XPCREATE used it. Among other good features are the query possibilities to find burners, check media, etc.

I do recommend it to anyone wishing to control the CD burning process. However, due to it's complexity, and large footprint (you need the cygwin.dll), I do not have plans to implement it at the moment. I would suggest you just set DOCD=NO, and call your script after ... save you from having to modify the source (a big no-no ... ).

I will say, nice code! (LOVE THAT UPPERCASE!), and I will certainly think about CDRECORD next time I'm in that code. Thanks for the suggestion - they are always welcome. I will note that XPCREATE is quite stable, so I tend to avoid too many modificatins at this point.

Si t'es Francais, wieso shickst du immer Deutsche Linken?

Hi GreenMachine,

Europa baut sich sehr schnell auf und bittet sehr klasse Opportunitäte für

lambda-Verbraucher ! Es wäre schade, diese nicht auszunutzen. Die Sprache

ist kein Problem in der Welt der EDV. :rolleyes:

More seriously, cdrtools projet was initiated by Joerg Schilling. That will explain the german web links.

For the code, you help me a lot, don't you ? :)

I don't know if it is the right moment to tell you that, i have integrated a lite "patch" in your first version of xcreate batch language utility. It is not really different from the one i have posted last time but nearest your logical coding. It works rather well with my old Liteon cdrw. The only problem i encountered with cdrecord was, it does not recognize the "burnfree" feature of my cd writer. But that doesn't bother me more than that, because the cdrws are always well burned and cdrecord has most of the time made his job well.

Set your mind at rest, it's only for my personal usage. So if you would like, let me know if i can post it on the forum or send it to you by email. That would help you to spend less time testing the cdrecord parameters like i did. Each release has there own options that Unix 'ls' command will ever have. lol

@+

Jj

@GM

Little problem with XPCREATE downloading IE6 Files for building a French 2K SP4 CD.

During the iesetup download IE files and before the installer is built, i need to pause the script to remove a file from the TEMP\IESOURCE folder.

The file is named in french Ce dossier peut être supprimé.txt avé les accents.

Unfortunatly, ieexpress don't like very much this kind of file name and canno't build the IE Setup Package.

A solution to take care of this annoying problem and automatically delete this file (may be *.txt would be more easy covering all non ENU languages...) would be fine !

2K Pro SP4 French build with XPCreate and installed on a real box (not in VMWare).

The building process works nice except the small IE6 package creation problem mentionned before.

At the end of installation, i run WindowsUpdate AutomaticUpdate and found 2 HF to install : KB831167 (IE6SP1) and KB828026 (WM).

The about box in IE 6.0.2800.1106 reports updates as installed : SP1 Q831167 Q832874 Q837009 but the Q831167 HF isn't listed in add/remove programs list.

for WM, i don't know where to look if HF installed as i don't install WMP9 and the standard 6.4 don't report installed HF in about box.

Has another Francophone user experimented this problem ?

I'm inattentive !

I have not only removed the MPSetup.exe from SVC-WMP folder but also both WindowsMedia9-KB837272-FRA.exe and WindowsMedia-Q828026-x86-FRA.exe package from SVC-HF1. The second one is not WMP9 specific but covers all WMP versions.

But Q831167.exe is in the right place in SVC-HF2 folder.

Edited by Bilou_Gateux